rat look and lowering

has the rat look been done on a micra before? is it hard to lower the car?

mines rusty and is starting to bubble at the arches my theory is itll be cheaper to rat it out than fixing it... any opinons?

Look up user micratone, he's got a rat look Micra. Has been done a few times (Y). And no, they're not hard to lower - either chopped springs or buy lowering springs and uprated shocks, easy to fit. There's probably a guide on here somewhere of how to fit new springs :grinning:

My path to a rat look micra would be something like this....

1. Paint stripper the whole thing. Ok if you want to get creative maybe a rising sun on the fuel flap/roof/bonnet masked up from the original paint.
2. Cut the springs in half.
3. Fit 7x13 fronts, and 8x13 rears - remove the rears when you realise that they cant possibly fit without no.4
4. Pie cut the beam for lots of camber
5. Camber on the front too.
6. Space wheels to achieve fitment perfection.

My path to a rat look micra would be something like this....

1. Paint stripper the whole thing. Ok if you want to get creative maybe a rising sun on the fuel flap/roof/bonnet masked up from the original paint.
2. Cut the springs in half.
3. Fit 7x13 fronts, and 8x13 rears - remove the rears when you realise that they cant possibly fit without no.4
4. Pie cut the beam for lots of camber
5. Camber on the front too.
6. Space wheels to achieve fitment perfection.

(Y)
Shame the term 'rat' has now been butched to mean having the local scrap yard stuck to the outside.

If I were to go the rat route, I'd paint strip the whole car, mask off a rising sun on the bonnet and primer-blue the whole car. Paint a white number circle on the side. Band the steelies to 8" with too much poke and paint a dark colour. And have a big black exhaust exit the front wing running back a couple of foot. Lower it 'till it scrapes. Then focus on the engine letting mother nature take care of the exterior.

(Y)
Shame the term 'rat' has now been butched to mean having the local scrap yard stuck to the outside.

If I were to go the rat route, I'd paint strip the whole car, mask off a rising sun on the bonnet and primer-blue the whole car. Paint a white number circle on the side. Band the steelies to 8" with too much poke and paint a dark colour. And have a big black exhaust exit the front wing running back a couple of foot. Lower it 'till it scrapes. Then focus on the engine letting mother nature take care of the exterior.

Why have you not done this!!!! :blush:

Why have you not done this!!!! :blush:

+2, although I'd be inclined to go matte black all over (but still have a rising sun), ridiculous camber/poke/tyre stretch, stickerbomb one of the wings, and the exhuast poking out of the front bumper, just in front of the wheel :grinning:. Hmm....................

Why have you not done this!!!!

I'm kinda waiting for it to be vandalised first. If I find it keyed or graffetied, then thats my plan, an authentic rat just given a helping hand:) Although I've been re-thinking about it today, stripped to bare metal and laquered, black bumpers, extended and rivited arches, big black four branch exhaust exiting top of front n/s wing then joined together and running the whole length under the windows. Passengers will have to 'dukes of hazzard' over it to get in.
I think I think too much, but one day you never know:wasntme:

I'm kinda waiting for it to be vandalised first. If I find it keyed or graffetied, then thats my plan, an authentic rat just given a helping hand:) Although I've been re-thinking about it today, stripped to bare metal and laquered, black bumpers, extended and rivited arches, big black four branch exhaust exiting top of front n/s wing then joined together and running the whole length under the windows. Passengers will have to 'dukes of hazzard' over it to get in.
I think I think too much, but one day you never know:wasntme:

I like the sound of it being stripped to bare metal (but all over though, including engine bay and interior) and then laquered, not seen that done before. It's all about getting into your car Dukes of Hazzard style though (Y):laugh:

Back