Rat look?

Thinking of ratting my 97 k11. The lacquer has peeled on the bonnet and wing pretty bad and there's rust right through on the doors under the wing mirrors and I don't really wanna spend too much getting it mint.

What do you guys think I the rat look? Haven't seen any micRats so could be good!

P7100001.jpg

Photo5130.jpg

photo0283gp.jpg

Some inspiration for you!

i was once told to have a rat car look the car must look so 5hit and rusty for it to actually look good!! got confused when that was told!

J

i was once told to have a rat car look the car must look so 5hit and rusty for it to actually look good!! got confused when that was told!

J
Rust isn't always necessary. The thing about "Rat Look" is that it's more a freeform type of customising. It doesn't matter what you do as long as YOU like it, like all Art (yes, I consider Ratting a vehicle as Art, because it WILL be unique). Some go for the Full Body Rust, some just spray parts matt black, some have at it with an angle grinder on various panels, some take a standard car and just let time take its toll producing a Natural Rat Look (like my old Mercedes 190E was).
So far all I've done to mine is strip out the rear interior, remove the wheel trims and door cards, and remove the front grille trims. I'm planning on things, but it can be flexible (i.e. you may plan on painting it NATO green, but a load of black paint comes up at the right price so it gets painted black). Isn't Ratting great? :D

My car gets covered in seagull shat, I just leave it there - does that qualify????
I've done the bonnet and tailgate black as well, sprayed on the dirt as is, now its all peeling .... sort of a rat/grot look.
Nobody would dream of nicking my motor, its as bad on the inside LOL.

If anyone is from Northern Ireland, do you know if having a rat is MOT failure? As long as it's not structural rust I wouldn't think so but thought I'd ask anyway

When I get an advisory for the little patches of undersill rust on Tuesday, I'll just tell him they're RAT patches then? ;)

It's a "sleeper rat"...all the rust is hidden...

Just outa curiosity, the RAT look is all the go for art work and uniqeness, but is there any Mouse look? i.,e. a more subtle approach to uniqeness and customisation of the vehicle without going over the top?

J

Just outa curiosity, the RAT look is all the go for art work and uniqeness, but is there any Mouse look? i.,e. a more subtle approach to uniqeness and customisation of the vehicle without going over the top?

J
If This isn't a thing, I'm going to seriously question why...
Ima start working on a cat look ;)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Hey Max, id thought a BAT look would be best, i.e. BATMAN = BATMOBIL !!!! be the dark cape crusader and cruise on the motorway with large cutomised fins an the rear!!

J

You mean like this? ;)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

oh well bad luck then!! been already done!! ok.... hows about a FAT look??, massivley wide arches meaning the whole road you drive on your car will only fit on so you have to pray the road you drive on is a oneway cos the on-comming traffic!! if it were a two way would cause congestion.....!!!

J

Last edited:
Back