Random Ramblings

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
After a big night on the booze, i was driving home today in my Super S and was just awe-struck at how cool the micra is. I already knew, but with my head still slightly in the clouds, i found it quite overwhelming. :)

Its a rather hot day so i thought, 'ahh heck, ill pop the sunroof open and wind all the windows down to enjoy this lovely day.' Then i see some clown trying to race someone else and usually id show them what-for and drive behind them, nipping at the heels of bigger cars. But today, i just admired my car. I let them race off and gave them a cheeky wave thru my sunroof. (They however didnt have sunroofs. :)) So i was left to make the trip a little longer in my car, which is really no big problem, with such an enjoyable car.

After getting a little too hot + the sun on my hungover face just didnt do it for me, i closed all the windows and sunroof, folded the front windscreen visors down and cranked the air-con. A cold jet blasted all over me and i was at home in my tinted, dark, and cold heaven. Again, people driving like maniacs around me but i just chuckled, rolled my seat back a little and kept on driving.

The night before, (before the drinking began) my girlfriends mate tried racing me in a Pulsar GL le mans edition with a 2" exhaust+extractors. She was quite surprised when my little un-modded Super S went flying past at 5k rpm :) This is all on an empty street mind you. im not silly!

My car is awesome. And it came out of a factory, as an awesome car. And thats my story.

<3
Tom.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The day I first saw my little Charlotte she was bumming around a big roundabout. Totally stock she was. I was in my N14 Pulsar SSS and the first thing I thought was, wow what a nice little car. That inspired me to search for micras on the web and I found this site.

A few months later I saw my little charlotte again, but parked in Gardenm City shopping centre. She was a bit dusty but was sitting lowered on some flashy 15" rims. I was in a mate's Excel at this time and I begged him to turn around so I could have a closer look at it. Eventually he got sick of my whinging and I went and had a closer look at it. Absolutely filled with adrenalin for some unknown reason I went into the shops dressed in my finest rags, no shoes, holding coins in my hands and I purchased a notepad and a pen. I went back outside and left a note "If you are looking to sell, please call Thomas 0413264***."

A few months later I got a random call from the owner of the car. I was able t take a closer look at the little micra. I was in love. A few months after that I sold my Pulsar SSS to a local kid, and I believe he may have crashed it since. Such a shame. But I didn't really care. I'd bought myself a new toy. I had bought charlotte.

3 and a bit months on now I've had the after car buying regrets and worries but I'm over them now. I think about charlotte constantly. I can't get her out of my mind. She drives me mad. All i want to do is be inside her. I want to spend every single cent I have on her. I love pampering her and I think i've waxed her about 6 times since I picked her up.

Charlotte loves me too. I leave her parked in a carpark and everytime i come back outside I see her sitting there, waiting for me. I walk over to her proudly, because she's my car. Yes thats right. That's my Micra. And I love it. I do get some strange looks from others who think its a bit odd seeing a fairly tall young guy get into his micra and not try and hide himself.

Although charlotte is about to sacrafise a bit of makeup in the coming weeks so that we attract less attention from people who are jealous of her. I've explained why I want her to shed some sex appeal and she understands. She wants to be better protected too. She doesn't like it when an unauthorised person drives her. Tripple point immobiliser, glass break microphone, shock sensors, battery backup sirens and microwave sensors here we come charlotte.

I think I win the story telling session. I think i may also win a one way ticket to a mental institution.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
No doubt owing a Micra is a love affair.
And the longer you own one the deeper the feelings become.
Yep walk out into the carport and there they both are snuggled up side by side just begging to be taken for a ride. Open the door, slide in, click on the seat belt, check all mirrors, turn the key,hear those lovely mechanical noises, check all gauges,mind into drive mode, oh check what CD you want depending on mood and then its time to go cruising.
Wait for temp gauge to reach normal and then its party time.
Even at my age the buzz is still there.

Attachments

• 11974.jpg
    11974.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 26

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
These stories have left me with a lump in my pants... I mean throat..

I currently have a 1974 corolla coupe, and a 1965 datsun p410, and also looking for another in granny condition. While I love both these cars and I think that they are both oldschool classics of their time, there is no way I could get rid of my daily ricer.

Even in its stock standard, simply red, LX trim, there is something it stirs in me. There is no way that I could sell it to anyone outside my immediate family, if at all.

Skittle, I hope our love for driving to work each day when I am in Adelaide never falters.

I hope that I can be the one that provides fuel and regular services for you when ever needed for as long as we both shall live.

I respect the nippy and fuel efficiant performance you offer, but understand the need for patience when driving fully loaded with 3 or more of my friends inside.

I know that I am not always able to be in the same city with you, but I also know that I can trust my Mum and Dad to start you once a week and get your heart of 1.3lt twin cam 16 valve goodness pumping.

Ol' Blue, and Rollie, are both potential head turners, but while fly low under the radar, remember, you are the first "real" car that I ever truely spent money on, and have ever felt deserved fully comprehensive insurance coverage.

Thankyou for being there for me in times of need.

Tom.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
"My 1995 RED LX is stock standard and just over 71000km old. I got it about 12 months ago with 48000km on it. I feel so bad, I have raped my baby by adding half as many kms the previous owner had made in 9 years and added them to it in its 10th year :'( I cry in shame..."

....Erm. Oooookay. I don't know if you should be crying through. Charlotte prefers being driven. Last time I didn't start her for 3 days she chucked a spaz at me and didn't run properly until warmed up.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Whats the best stuff to was our Micras with? All i have is a 10L tub of truck wash. I know its not what i should use, but theres so many different washing solutions at Repco :(

A standard Wash n Wax is good?

cisco

» CMF Member
I'm interested to know what that stuff is that you wipe old headlights with, and it takes off the glazed frosty old look etc. The White Super S needs some of that..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
When I was looking at my lights I noticed the discolouration (which is very unusual for glass) was actually on the inside...

So i figure it some type of discharge from the headlight plastics.

Would come off easy with a bit of fine cut and polish. If that doesnt work I reckon hit it with aluminium polish like Autosol gold.

If you want I'll have a go with my standard lights and see what brings them up the best.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Yeh... mine have a funny look about them too. Is it safe to pop open the light casing? will i break the nice black seal? Im not into killing seals (Dont Wear Fur. Greenpeace 4 evar. Lol.)
If so, its easily fixable with a lashing of black silicon im guessing?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh but the plastic casings on our headlights seem to be getting rather brittle in old age. I'd be placing the whole headlight in the oven for 10minutes to soften up the glue and then wearing leather gloves try and pull the glass away from the plastic by hand, not using any tools to lever it out...

Like I said I'll give it a go and post up what I think will work. I may even get some spraypaint and get a bit of a dark shade happening around the edge of the relfectors. Give the standard headlights a bit of a new look. :)

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
The product for bringing your headlights back to a nice shiney finish is called Plastic Cleaner,It comes in a white tube and has a red ring around the top near the lid.

I have pesonally never used this product nor seen it at a store, The only add i have seen it in is High Performance Imports Magazine threw www.justjap.com (02)9545 0532 or email [email protected]

Also the price on this stuff is 19.99 a tube, Hope i've helped.

Back