Heart stopping micra experience

CMF_~~SME~~

» CMF Member
Hi all,

Just needed to share this with you all because last night I had one hell of an experience.

As most of you would know I recently purchased an mr2 turbo, this car is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my micra and I have been driving it around daily but kept the micra as a spare car as hi-power cars tend to have mishaps and well...I love the micra.

Anhow, the electric passenger window on the mr2 stopped working for some stupid reason yesterday and I couldn't get it fixed last night so when I had to go out I took the micra for a spin, the first spin in ages. In getting in the micra I remembered just how much fun it was to drive (I have hurricane headers and exhaust). To get back into it I was driving the car rather enthusiastically to the tune of about 40k of the limit in a 60 zone (mind you it was like 1 in the morning and no one on this big straight road).

Next comes the good bit, just as i was at that 40k over the limit point I see something that stopped my heart, some nice shiny blue lights going off behind me, I couldn't believe it I was off it the second I noticed them and as they got closer and they were moving i indicated broke to a slow speed and then the dardest thing happened. The continued right past me and kept speeding along to wherever they had to go. I think I am one of the luckiest people to still have a license at the moment. I am about positive that If I was in the mr2 and speeding in the same way I could've just about kissed my license goodbye.

I love the micra in it's quite under the radar brilliance. Point of the story...stay in school, no thats not it, I guess theres no point other than, I'm very lucky and how ironic would it be to lose my license the one night I drive my micra after everyone telling me how I will soon lose my license in the mr2 because it's too quick.

Drive safely and responsibly everyone
John

CMF_~~SME~~

» CMF Member
Yeh i'd be happy to go for even just a cruise wit you aaron, remember seeing your car, when we were outside twister on the way to maccas one night, we had just got out of the micra and you boosted past I was shattered because if we were in the car I totally would have tried to catch up with you to check your car out in real life.

More than happy to give you a run sometime. Just waiting on a new clutch for the 2 and probably head up to calder. The current one slips even when I think about boosting and that's on low boost. lol. The new one will fix that though OS giken twin plate rated at 600 ponies. We should cruise down to calder together, I'm hoping to see mid to low thirteens out of the 2 based on other guys running around with similar power.

I can post a pic of the mr2 but I don't have any of the micra on my cpu.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
awesome man, when did you see me in St.Kilda? I don't even remember being there ahaha

Yep we should head out to calder. I'm set to go as soon as I fix up my clutch issues.

Should be fun

yeah thats the shape that sarah likes too so she'll prob come down and have a look too..

CMF_~~SME~~

» CMF Member
I saw you in St.kilda like probably six months ago, it was ages ago can't remember when. I think it was before you did your most recent rebuild. Can't wait for calder, setting the car up for track use but want to run it down the strip just to see what it runs.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
yes i know exactly what you mean by heart s stopping seeing flashing blue lights. i was racin a commodore in me gtir and we were well up into the high 100's getting very close to ,y limiter and flashing lights in a 90 zone doing 80 or 90 over the limit. eeeeekk. then the lights and woah my heart has never beat so fast and felt so sunken. but the good bit was the cop got the commodore driver and not me. i figure it was because the commodore was in over taking lane and i slowed down first he kept going for a while.

CMF_~~SME~~

» CMF Member
HaHa

I love it, we both are in need of clutches. When the clutch fairy comes to visit us both we definitely will go to the drags. You know what disturbs me most is that I could probably buy another micra for the price of this damn clutch. Oh well, I guess at least this way I can stick to building it right the first time round.

Back