Random power stalls

CMF_furstydrft

» CMF Member
So had the car a few months now. been stupidly letting fuel get pretty low before filling back up. its developed some form of a stall or power loss on acceleration. doesnt matter how hard i hit the throttle. It's very random it can happen 50 times in 10 seconds or drive 150km's without it happening once. was thinking spark plugs/leads/dizzy might have been playing up but also thinking because of the low fuel its clogged an injector or rail and causing this problem. can anyone else enlighten what is actually happening

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
HI THERE.I AM having the exact same problem.i changed the throttle body from a ga15, air filter, dizzy cap ,plugs ,sparkwires, fuel filter but the problem goes on...do you have any other ideas?should it be oxygen sensor or fuel pump,injectors?it stalls randomly most of the times at lower rpms..any help appreciated,thanks

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
frank when the problem occured i was using the 1.0 throttle body(1998).as i was trying to solve the problem i put the one from ga15 since now.the stalls are still here..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
it could one of many things then mate, and we would just be guessing.
you,re best to try and track it down with diagnosis tbh (lambda readings/coolant temp sensor ohms/sparkplug colours etc, or else a consult lead

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
update,i have changed the temperature sensor blue cap with a new one and so far everything is fine..i have a long trip tomorrow so it will be an excellent test drive

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
well thanks but no luck again.the car stalls esp from 2500-4000rpms no matter hot or cold esp when i am steady on the pedal..i have ordered an delphi lambda SENSOR just in case...it starts to make me angry.we will see.frank by the way what does it mean 'consult lead?'.are you reffering to the spark wires(leads)?

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
ok.the colour is pretty white although it is the same in all the cylinders.i could feel it that the mixtture was lean.i am still waiting for the lambda sensor.frank i have found the obd1 consult but which software should i use?does it have a software in it?thanks again

Back