trouble shooted out HELP!!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
hey guys i am in dire need of some help before i burn my car..

ok so the problem is the car is miss firing in cylinder number 1, and its been on and off for a few weeks now so i did all the usual trouble-shooting and discovered that there is spark but no fuel so immediately i thought the injector was either blocked or stuffed so i ripped the fuel rail out to have a look, cleaned the injectors, fuel rail, changed the fuel filter etc and put it all back together, fired it up still missing fuel on cylinder #1

so anyways i got out the old electrical test light out and tested the plug to injector #1 and its getting the pulse of power the same as all the other cylinders, so then i brought 4 more injectors..

ok so i pulled out the fuel rail AGAIN and cleaned it all out etc and cleaned up the new injectors and then put it all together again. Started it up and it ran BEAUTIFULLY!! idled perfect ran perfect etc until tonight (about a week after)when i was driving home and it started miss firing again had a look at all the things it could be and it turns out the first cylinder isnt getting fuel again, BUT the plug to the injector is still getting power etc so the injector isnt working..

WTF are the chances of the first cylinder playing up again!!? the only thing i can think of is that the cars ECU is doing something to stuff the first cylinders injector and if i dont sort it out soon im going to torch the fcuking thing

Any help is greatly appreciated hey, as long as its useful and not "oh maybe your injectors blocked" because i know it isnt that, ive pulled it out and its clean as a whistle

chears guys

any chance of swapping the injectors over and see if they work in a diferent cylinder? say, swapping no.1 with no.2 or 3. if the other works in number one, could be possible there's a short in the wiring? causing the injector to **** up? oh, and see if the injector in no.1 now works in any other cylinders

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"any chance of swapping the injectors over and see if they work in a diferent cylinder? say, swapping no.1 with no.2 or 3. if the other works in number one, could be possible there's a short in the wiring? causing the injector to **** up? oh, and see if the injector in no.1 now works in any other cylinders

tryed this this-morning but to no avail, it looks like my new injector has been ****ed by the ecu or something so im thinking maaaaaybe that the cable running to the injector for cylinder #1 has been shorting out on itself or something with in the wiring somewhere every so often which has in turn shorted the injector because the power to the injector is still comming through and running other injectors atm so it isnt shorting out atm

so my question is could it be possible to cut the plug off cylinder ones injector power and bridge it from cylinder #2 and tape up number one, or would this caus a power drop thus not running the injectors? on cylinder #1 and #2 properly

CMF_darkfibre

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"maat<BR><BR>i think the injectors share a positive 5v supply and are signaled from the ecu via negative (earth)

The injectors get a battery supply and are switched to ground by the ecu. It is virtually impossible for the ecu to cause a problem with the injector. If the ecu shorts out, it can only switch the injector on, worst case would be on continously. Should have a wiring diagram faxed to me shortly.

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
i found an earth cable behind the fuel rail that wasnt bolted down anywhere so i earthed that, ripped out the injector, took it to get ultrsonic cleaned and it wouldnt pulse for about 3 seconds then it went pop and started firing away perfectly

so im thinking maybe the injectors needle was blocked shut.. the car is back together and running fine now but im still up to hearing what else you's guys think it could be because i think its more than just a co-incident that its happened twice on two different injectors that have been on cylinder #1

thanks again guys

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
maat WROTE:

"hey guys i am in dire need of some help before i burn my car..<BR><BR>ok so the problem is the car is miss firing in cylinder number 1, and its been on and off for a few weeks now so i did all the usual trouble-shooting and discovered that there is spark but no fuel so immediately i thought the injector was either blocked or stuffed so i ripped the fuel rail out to have a look, cleaned the injectors, fuel rail, changed the fuel filter etc and put it all back together, fired it up still missing fuel on cylinder #1 <BR><BR>so anyways i got out the old electrical test light out and tested the plug to injector #1 and its getting the pulse of power the same as all the other cylinders, so then i brought 4 more injectors..<BR><BR>ok so i pulled out the fuel rail AGAIN and cleaned it all out etc and cleaned up the new injectors and then put it all together again. Started it up and it ran BEAUTIFULLY!! idled perfect ran perfect etc until tonight (about a week after)when i was driving home and it started miss firing again had a look at all the things it could be and it turns out the first cylinder isnt getting fuel again, BUT the plug to the injector is still getting power etc so the injector isnt working..<BR><BR>WTF are the chances of the first cylinder playing up again!!? the only thing i can think of is that the cars ECU is doing something to stuff the first cylinders injector and if i dont sort it out soon im going to torch the fcuking thing<BR><BR>Any help is greatly appreciated hey, as long as its useful and not "oh maybe your injectors blocked" because i know it isnt that, ive pulled it out and its clean as a whistle<BR><BR>chears guys

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
maat WROTE:

"i found an earth cable behind the fuel rail that wasnt bolted down anywhere so i earthed that, ripped out the injector, took it to get ultrsonic cleaned and it wouldnt pulse for about 3 seconds then it went pop and started firing away perfectly <BR><BR>so im thinking maybe the injectors needle was blocked shut.. the car is back together and running fine now but im still up to hearing what else you's guys think it could be because i think its more than just a co-incident that its happened twice on two different injectors that have been on cylinder #1<BR><BR>thanks again guys

the injectors that you put in have they had water through them? i had a similar problem with another car. i pulled the fuel rail off and it had corrosion inside it, which indicates that there has been water pushed through the injectors. i had them cleaned just to see if they will work again, but they didnt.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
i have had problems with 2nd hand injectors. when they sit for a while they semi seize up. you can usually fix by tapping the injector. it is a bit odd that it happened on the same cylinder though, but coincidences do happen. the earth missing would've caused some issues with the car aswell

Back