Rain sensor not sensing anything...

This is a fairly annoying problem. I have it set on auto usually when i start the car, i tend to turn it off then back on because when i use the pumps to clear the window it doesnt work.
But it never works when it's raining! The wipers dont move so i have to knock it up with my hand to clear my windscreen or alternatively put them on constant which gets annoying when it's not needed.

I've read that the sensor is behind the rear view mirror? Can i just disconnect the sensor to make intermittent work as normal or what can i do?

I gots a 03 Micra 1.4 SX

well i dont like them rain sensors but have u checked the fuses etc? maybe theres a relay for it... but if it works intermittently through the sensor then maybe disconnect it and connect the wires together that go to it and hope for the best and maybe see if the wiper work intermittently

if that makes much sense

I do not have a clue what you just said haha. I know how to drive a car thats about it. The wipers don't work intermittently thats the problem. I can only manually activate them to wipe once or have them constant. The auto sensor just doesn't sense nothing, which then renders the intermittent useless.

so do you have rain sensor on your car? like if you had them on auto left car running and put hose on window it could put the intermittent wipers on?

if the sensor isnt getting a signal then there is no signal going to the wipers right?

As far as i know, its what i got told when i bought it. It would explain why the wipers randomly work on a sunny day when it's set to auto so i presume something isn't right with the sensor.

Back