Radiator has died

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Well, my rusty radiator has finally given up!

Does anyone know if a 1.0 radiator will work ok with a 1.2 micra? Because im betting my local scrap yard only has 1.0 radiators handy.

Cheers.

I see no reason why it shouldn't, am pretty sure the K11 uses the same rad for 1 - 1.3

its just that the 1.0 radiator always looked better design and quality to me, and I think it might be tricky to find a good 1.2 one.

I'll be looking at the scrap yard tomorrow. Will keep topping it up til then lol.

i f i remeber rigtht the piping goes a slightly different way so you might need the pies as well ( not 100% on that though )

Well its fixed.

Got lucky at the scrap yard, found a 23000 mile red 1.2 with almost exactly the same radiator (slighty different top tube). Got some internally ajusting mirrors off it too, which I have needed hehe. Got it out fine and juuust about made it home lol (car was cutting out :S)

Drained out the coolant to find a few bits of oil floating in it... but I guess this could be expected of a 15 year old car which has never had its coolant changed? Anyway, hopefully thats not indicitive of bigger problems. :kungfu:

Fitted the new radiator, and found that one of the new hoses had a leak in it, so had to empty it all out, replace it, re fill it. Happy that it was all leak free I filled it with 2 litres of lovely orange antifreeze and topped it up with water.

:love: :k10:

Attachments

• old radiator.jpg
    old radiator.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 164
  • sludge.jpg
    sludge.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 164
  • new radiator.jpg
    new radiator.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 166
Yea the old one definately had to go hahaha... I've recently replaced my rad too... Set me back way to much though :glare: Oh well, the things you do for a Micra :laugh:

Back