Micra Died

Hi Peeps

Im new to this forum, recently I passed my test and bought a 1998 Nissan Micra 1.3 si, very happy with the car untill a few days.

today it died on me would not start at all no lights, the lcd milaege meter does not even show, this has happed to me twice this weekend. on friday I stopped somewhere for two minuites but when I came back it totally died rev and speedo meters started going all funny the needles where flicking up and down slightly, I just waited a few minuites and tried starting it and it started.

Today it just totally died, tried jump starting it up that didnt work, got nothing. At first I thought it was the immobiliser but now I think its the battery connectors.

does anyone know what the problem could be?

Ive had some trouble with the central locking before because the does kept locking and unlocking them selves but that stopped after a bit, and the key fob stopped working.
When I had a loock at the battery connectors there was some powdery white stuff on them but it washed that off.

Ive sorted out my issue, the battery + connection was lose and was not charging the battery, just need to get a new connector and this should solve the issue.

thanks for all your help

Back