New Radiator?

Micra Jim

Ex. Club Member
Hey,

I think i may need a new radiator for my 1992.

From my thread from a few weeks ago and replaced a radiator hose, as the last one had a slit in it. K10http://micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21505

Since the fix the engine has been a little cool, but no problems.

Then today driving to the train station, and i saw steam coming from the bonnet! I opened the bonnet to find the radiator cap has come off! Though luckily it was still in the engine bay. Now because there was air in the radiator, when i got home it was running hot. So i started to wiggle the replacement pipe (pic in other thread), for then all of a sudden to pipe came off! It had broken the connecting part to the radiator and it stuck now inside my replacement pipe! This means now i can't attach the hose to the radiator, as there is nothing for the pipe to attach to!!!

So i guess i need a new radiator, as i cant think of a way to solve this.

My question is how much will a radiator from a scrappy cost? How much should i expect to pay??

Any idea's on a work around?

Cheers in advance!!

unless yours is an import you should have a steel radiator, steel can be welded... did have a hole in the bottom and my friend soldered it up for me, 2 months ago.

Good idea, but the bit where it connects is a kind of plastic material, as it just snapped off. So i don't think you can weld to it. :(

P1010094.jpg

Unless you can find someone who can do Plastic welding i think a new/second hand Radiator is on the Cards. If someone does weld it it'll be ok for a while but will eventually break again...

Give these chaps a bell, they may be able to help :) http://www.readyrads.co.uk/

well i wasn't completely wrong, mine is steel top and bottom. must be because either its a very late k10 practicaly k11 or a ma10 as mine is a 88 ma12.

Cheers for the messages. Went to scrappy today, and got a radiator today for £25. I've fitted it (only two bolts!) and works like a dream.

Back