Radiator far stays on

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys

I had problems with my car last week but it seems okay now however the fan stays on all the time. Even when cold :S ideas?

Thanks

you mean it wont start/fire up without it ? and is the plastic body broke or the thread ?

It's the plastic body and connectors that snapped. I have to get another.

Yep for me without that connector connected to the sensor, car won't start.

I used another sensor to check mine (turns out it just wasn't plugged in properly) and i hot swapped them with no running issues, don't think i tried starting it with it unplugged though

it,ll flood a hot engine if its disconnected eh, i have 2 wired into mine :) (to shorten the coldstart enrichment time)

it,ll flood a hot engine if its disconnected eh, i have 2 wired into mine :) (to shorten the coldstart enrichment time)

The one i have now is unuseable and without the car wont start so im pretty much stuffed until i get another unless theres a way around it?

The one i have now is unuseable and without the car wont start so im pretty much stuffed until i get another unless theres a way around it?
it should start from cold ok, and you would need a resistor of about 300 ohms to bypass it

it should start from cold ok, and you would need a resistor of about 300 ohms to bypass it

Good point, i was trying it when it had been running a bit before hand. Havent tried it while cold because of crap weather. Will have to pop down to breakers tomorrow again.

did you check the service manual diagnostic section ?

Is that to check the sensor? If so today I swapped over two different ones and no change. Changed TB too for the sake of it and no change, fuses relays the lot

it explains what symptoms will cause the ecu to constantly run the fan (and limp modes etc)

Are you talking about the Haynes manual frank?

Ive flicked through it a dozen times, can you direct me to which page?

I only see the part about checking the sensor in hot water

Back