Radiator Fan not working

Hello All,

I have just joined this forum as I intend to do some work on my Nissan Micra. its a 1993 K10 1.2. This was my commuting car but currently the exhaust has broken from the front so is not operational (although taxed, mot'd and insured), and the radiator fan is not working.

I have just got a new water pump and new cam belt fitted. My intentions are to have it mechanically running perfect and then see whats mods I can do on it.

I'm trying to find a new radiator for it but not having much luck, the current radiator is working ok but its definitely not 100% clog free.

The fan foes not kick in when it should, just doesn't do anything. Whats the diagnosis procedure for it, whats the process of elimination for what might be wrong.

I'm an electrician by trade (not auto electrician) so am pretty hands on so I'm hoping to fix it myself.

Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

My fan turns on when the pointer is above the 3/4 of the scale. It is scary, tried two senders, all the same :) But first, you should check that you have enough water in the system. If you have water leak, the sender will not work.

Hello Mate,

I just got a new water pump fitted and the timing belt changed on it, there is plenty water in the radiator. The thermostat seems to be working too as the needle goes up and down, I haven't driven the car for a few weeks now..

Any ideas..?

remove the plup from the sensor that is in the radiator. Bridge the two terminals with a bit of wire/ paper clip and place it out the way of the fan. Then turn ignition on. If it spins its probably the fan switch sensor.

Back