Quick taillight help needed (wiring?)

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

decided to swap over my tinted lights for my standard ones again, problem is they wont work :S

Indicators/fog/reverse are fine, the brake/lights are the problem..

When i turn the lights on it turns all the brake lights on, including the 3rd window light, when i brake it does exactly the same, and beeps with the door open as though ii've left the lights on, which i dont think should happen?

Help! Need the car later :(

Hi all,

decided to swap over my tinted lights for my standard ones again, problem is they wont work :S

Indicators/fog/reverse are fine, the brake/lights are the problem..

When i turn the lights on it turns all the brake lights on, including the 3rd window light, when i brake it does exactly the same, and beeps with the door open as though ii've left the lights on, which i dont think should happen?

Help! Need the car later :(

disconnect and try reconoecting? maybe wires touching?

Just fancy a change, bored of the tinted ones now :p

Tried unplugging and plugging back in but no difference.. I'll try plugging in the holders from my prefacelift ights and see what happens..

wrong bulbs are fitted in one or both of the lamps, the brake lights should be stop and tail bulbs, id put my savings on the ones fitted being single fillament ones

wrong bulbs are fitted in one or both of the lamps, the brake lights should be stop and tail bulbs, id put my savings on the ones fitted being single fillament ones

i would assume these are the rear lights he had fitted originally so they wouldnt have changed since then surely?

oh i didnt know that, but unless the wiring has been chopped and rejointed? the only other thing that can do this is a wrong bulb ive diagnosed it loads of times with mates cars.

Turns out it was the bulbs.. Lol man i feel stupid.. They were both dual filament bulbs though, just the sidelights were lighting up both filaments :S

Swapped them for a couple of other bulbs and it's fine now, weird thing was I took the bulbs out fo the tinted lights and put them in the facelifts as i knew they worked :S

Also, my tinted ones will be up for sale yes, with modified bulb holders to fit facelift K11's :)

Turns out it was the bulbs.. Lol man i feel stupid.. They were both dual filament bulbs though, just the sidelights were lighting up both filaments :S

Swapped them for a couple of other bulbs and it's fine now, weird thing was I took the bulbs out fo the tinted lights and put them in the facelifts as i knew they worked :S

Also, my tinted ones will be up for sale yes, with modified bulb holders to fit facelift K11's :)

would they fit my preface lift? and price XD first dips..i might get some parts at this rate..missed out on loads :(

Back