Question about TPS

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I have a question thats being bugging me since warren said he had to adjust the throttle position sensor to sort a juddering(kangaroo juice) problem he was having at light throttle load. . .anyway what is the purpose of having the adjustment in the TPS and with his adjusted how does he now know that the TPS is telling the Ecu that the throttles fully open when it is?

Attachments

• PICT0147.JPG
    PICT0147.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 386
Its used to set the correct idle over-run setting, if this is incorrect then yet youll get very odd juddering. Barry set it to read about 0.5v at idle and it will be fine.

Its used to set the correct idle over-run setting, if this is incorrect then yet youll get very odd juddering. Barry set it to read about 0.5v at idle and it will be fine.

Where do I measure the voltage when its running.I have no access to the E-manage as there's a password on it by the last mapper

If its similar to the k11 tps you can measure the readings by unplugging the connector and probing it with a meter (car not running)...the haynes has tolerences stated, should also maybe for the k10?

i wouldnt fiddle with it though, unless you know the emanage isnt setup to use it (only used for taking air away iirc), as fiddling with it will also change the values the emanage gets.

sensor

ok well ed barry might not have the problem but i kinda do, another thing i wanted to ask would this sensor not being in the correct position make my car judder in the sc range at full throttle? as i have changed all the vacumm lines and put a new bypass control valve in??

Warren you mean the supercharger to turbo transition. If its juddering thats nothing to do with TPS thats still the bypass control valve.

Warren you mean the supercharger to turbo transition. If its juddering thats nothing to do with TPS thats still the bypass control valve.

Gone off topic abit here but I agree .Ed typically how long should a brand new bypass control valve last?Suppose it depends on how clean the engines running?As in oil in the boost pipes and eventually getting to the vac lines and clogging up the BP control valve?

Back