Question about MSC car stickers

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi All

I got my micra.org.uk stickers this week, and they look nice imo...

However...

Unless ive done em wrong, theyre on the outside of the glass... meaning some year 8 idiot from school will probably peel off a letter or two before too long...

But more worryingly is how easy it is to peel one off. When they were wet today I quite easily got a fingernail underneath one letter without doing it any damage...

Perhaps there is a special way to make them stick more? I made sure it was clean and dry when I stuck them on... but is there something else I should do?

Thanks for all your words of wisdom. :unclesam:

They are meant to be on the outside. I asked the same question when I got mine. Its incase someone who has them, decides to tint their windows - or has their windows tinted, which would be on the inside of the glass, so the sticker can still be seen.

As for them peeling off, are you sure the window wasnt abit greasy? Mine went on fine, just done it really slow and put a nice bit of pressure on it.

If they're put on the inside of the glass, they're harder to see! Makes a huge difference having them on the outside. James took his through a carwash and they're still attached, so there shouldnt be a problem with them sticking on, you just have to make sure the glass is really clean from dirt, grease and everything else first

I just put mine on the otha day, had them for ages like but just got round to it. I just used one of the side window ones for the rear window, it looks good. lol!

It depends on what sort of vinyl has been used too....you can get vinyl that is meant to last only 6 months in outdoor conditions, or longer (2 years, 5 years etc).

I've had mine on since Santa Pod in October and they've held since then, and must have gone through at least 7 or 8 carwashes! :)

i had mine on for two years with no problems! Car washes the lot! Also, theyre would be no joy in peeling off letters as you cant spell anything worth doing! Oh and when it did come time to take them off, i had a right job - my finger nails are still bleeding now

Big_ben said:
i had mine on for two years with no problems! Car washes the lot! Also, theyre would be no joy in peeling off letters as you cant spell anything worth doing! Oh and when it did come time to take them off, i had a right job - my finger nails are still bleeding now

thats wot a stanley knife blade is for

paul_k10_Lx said:
thats wot a stanley knife blade is for

What, scratching the glass? Its like i used a metal chizel to get the bump strips off - not recommended!

Hmm well ok.

Its only 1 letter that came off so easy that its got me worried. I dont want to start messin about with them in case I make it worse...

I'll wait till its dry then i'll have a close look.

Thanks all.

Back