Question about exhaust on a k11

bens851

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys!!
Just wondering....
i want to get a backbox for me car... but i have a pre facelift (97) at the moment and i am getting a facelift (98 ->) soon.
Does anyone know if the backbox will fit strait onto the facelift?
I have looked at backboxes on the net and they all say up to 98 and dont go any futher.
Does this mean that the pipes are different?
Cheers i hope u all understand me!??!

all the same to the best of my knowledge, Wrenchable has an OMP exhaust system on his 2001 K11, and that fits a pre 98 K11, so would have to say yes!

thats brilliant!
thanks very much guys!
Back box here we come then!!!
Just gotta pass my mot next week tho!
still have a couple of things to do to it to make it pass lol!!!

yes there is a difference. on some facelifts the exhaust exit points downwards as the bumper would be in the way otherwise and on prefacelifts isnt the exhaust exit straight?

i think this is only on facelifts x-reg and after though but might apply to earlier ones, not sure!

yes there is a difference. on some facelifts the exhaust exit points downwards as the bumper would be in the way otherwise and on prefacelifts isnt the exhaust exit straight?

i think this is only on facelifts x-reg and after though but might apply to earlier ones, not sure!

well the pupe b4 the4 backbox isnt strait, it goes up over some ####.
i will just have to see,
i asked Ed from fusion msport n he said it should fit if not just a few minor tweeks and it should.
ALSO...
any one give me any tips on what backbox i should go for??
i want just the backbox a 2 - 3 inch single.
Thanks guys

it up to you have you like most people go with a janspeed as they are
made for micra unless you want to get a custom job/universal where you have to weld the pipes together to get it to fit.

www.rallynuts.com have a micra section where they sell manifolds and backboxes ect

if its just a back box then have a look at the sportex one, some on here have them.

janspeed one is good.

as said the exhausts are the same through the years, just the 02 onwards k11 do not have a hole in the bumper so you'd have to make one.

well i was looking at a ashley competition backbox??
what do you think?
its made for the micra so it will fit.
i will have a look at a few others and thanks for the advice guys!

Back