Queensland Registration?

CMF_Gareth

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I will be moving to sunny Brisbane next week and bringing my turbo SLX with me. I assume as some stage I will have to have it registered with QLD plates.

I assume in QLD before registering the car I have to take it to a mechanic or similar who issues a road worthy certificate. Do any of you already in Brissie know a good place to take it on the North Side? I will be living on Bribie Island.

Unfortunatley I never had the car engineered as the conversion was done professionally by the same bloke who gave it the annual inspection for rego in NSW. Plus the car is pretty std looking and so has never attracted any unwanted attention. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
You will need a mod plate for the turbo convertion. They are fairly simple to get. Have a look through the yellow pages for mod platers (most of them do roadworthies aswell). They will tell you what they want to see. All I had to do for mine was show a 5 gas analysis print out (done when it was dyno'd) to proved it didn't alter emissions & a visual inspection.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Hey Gareth, dont you know we have no water and no room on our roads? lol. Welcome to Bribie Island, wave if you see a lanky guy in a Blue Super S. As for good mech, i have no referrals for you, i have done nearly everything myself and the places i have dealt with wern't exactly standout,

Alex

Back