More fun and games in the NMUK Paint shop

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
im sure most of you read the thread about the fire in the paint shop at nissan at the beginning of august, well it seems it just isnt thier month.

tonight, around 6pm, was at work in the paint shop all the lights went off for around 2 seconds then when they came back on at least 95% of the panels in the shop were alarming. walked round the corner to see what looked like a tropical storm raining down on the workdeck (area where cars get pulled offline for small repairs), and yes before you ask the workdeck is inside.

by the time the rain started settling down there was around 3-4 inches of water in some places inside. and on the west side of the paint shop there was around 4-5 FOOT of water against the outside wall slowly making its way inside.

the whole shop was shutdown and was a pain in the ass to get going again, many of the machines are interlocked with the fire alarm system for safety reasons, and you guessed it, water got into the fire systems and set them off. thankfully no sprinklers went off!! the guy that gets called in to reset the fire alarm systems lives north of the tyne and apparently the tyne tunnel was flooded which delayed him getting in to reset things.

in all the paintshop was down for around 5 hours, thankfully got everything away just in time for my shift finishing so didnt have to stay back, although with everything going on i havent had a break all shift.

seeing the amount of water in places left me gobsmacked, at one point it was thought the fire brigade were going to be needed to be called in to start pumping water away but thankfully the rain died down in time and the drainage systems slowly carried the water away, will find out more info when im back in work tomorrow and everything is a lot calmer.

dave

Back