Pulsar Help

NISMO_ALMERA said:
I realise that, but I thought your were meaning base output from the factory...246ish vs 220ish!

Also, the crank is no stronger...only difference is the drillings for the flywheel...

I know my SR20s and can't stress that enough!

Cheers

Dave

Only uk spec rnn14s quote 220bhp. On Japanese 100 octane fuel (as the s15) they're quoted at 234bhp. The gtir is also more responsive (quads are good).

I will conceed on the crank, though I believe that the bearings are different. I had understood the s15 to just use the later s14a engine - perhaps this isn't the case. Real pity that the VET didn't go into the S15...............

Rods bearing are slighty bigger on the GTiR.

And they should have had the VET in both the Silvia and the N16 Almera with the GTiR running gear!

Damn you Renault, Nissan were on to something good, and now it's all gone!!!

Dave

Dunno why Nissan have given up on the sr20.

From what I understand the K12 could fit a 2.0 litre engine, so why not drop in an SR20VE?

The later VEs had 202bhp (or so). Can you imagine how much fun a beefed up K12 with 200bhp would be!

Mind you I imagine that Renault with the Clio 182 might not like that so...

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Damn you Renault, Nissan were on to something good, and now it's all gone!!!

its not renaults fault its nissans as nissan were losing alot of money and were close to going bust so renault brought a portion of nissan (big)

Cris said:

From what I understand the K12 could fit a 2.0 litre engine, so why not drop in an SR20VE?

The later VEs had 202bhp (or so). Can you imagine how much fun a beefed up K12 with 200bhp would be!

renault wont be doing anything to renew the 182 as far as i know,,and why not? they still make money from it if they was to go ahead with a car like that

ide love to see it done too,,but i would rsather see a super charged 160sr come for sale at the dealers

I thought that there would be a new 182 - sure I saw something in evo about it.

I know that Impul do a semi factory 1.4 supercharger in Japan. Seems to have as much power as the 1.6 here though.

Mind you in Japan you seem to be able to get a Micra with electric 4WD and a CVT gearbox. Not quite sure why though.................

in japan you can get anything for a micra, old or new. there micra/starlet/yaris/move/fit etc is like our saxo/corsa/nova/punto etc

Cris said:

Someone somewhere on this forum said that nissan has put a 2L in the front of a K12, but supposedly it was too heavy and the handling was unbearble.

Back