Pulsar brake conversion?

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone have or can get hold of the DIY guide on fitting pulsar brakes to the K10?

It’s not up anymore and I desperately need it to get the hubs and brakes sorted on the conversion?

Can anyone help, or detail how “exactly” you do it?

Do the track rod ends and tie rod ends need changing or should it all just bolt on?

Parts required? (Micra K11 hubs, pulsar disks and callipers, spacers for the callipers)

if youre doing the sr 20 conversion you will need the whole n14 hub wont you? as you wont be able to put a sr driveshaft into a k11 or a k10 hub, still would like to know how you do this though

that's what i need to know, it's a toss up between that and splicing the Almera GTi wishbone to the K10 and having a complete GTi setup. problem with that is i'll need almera offset alloys at the front and micra at the back, absolute b***ache.

Need the guide with images if possible or a walkthrough from someone who's done it.

Help!!!!!? :)

Howard (slim) I think knows how this is done.

I think he first tried this on the K10 a while back, pm him and ask :)

Kev

yeah, just thought too, doesn't the almera have the same pdc as the micra anyway?

will try slim and QD, cheers guys

Apparently (can't remember the name of it) but its where Jo got hers done, West Midlands motorsport, do hub brackets, which allow GTi-R brakes to be put on the k10. Will have to speak to Wayne about it as he knows more about it than me, but its defintely possible. :)

batch tell me how you get on with a hub chang cos somehow ive got to get CA driveshafts in to the micra ones, i know B12, N13, M10, M11 and T11 and T72 hubs accept the Ca driveshafts but only the B12 and N13 are 100pcd the rest are 114.3

it might be a simple case of pressing the bottom ball joint off the donor hub into the micra wichbone but its the track rod end which will be in a diffrent position.

if it is as simple as putting the new donor hubs on the micra wishbone other cars tat came with a sr20 and are 4x100 are 100nx, N14 sunny and as yuove said N15 almera

it would be good to know if N14 hubs are in the equasion as N14 and N13 are kinda identical in a way so be good for a CA or a SR swap

all u need is k11 hubs
and the carriers etc from the pulsar
if u use the full caliper carriers and the discs pads etc to go with it then thats all u need

from wayne

The guy who is doing mine is using a full Almera GTi setup, hubs/disks/calipers, but is rose-jointing them so that i can adjust the camber for race days!! :)

Chatted to him in depth today and came up with the solution, should be interesting to see the finished result anyhow.

Batch me old china what you need is the complete k11 hub, this bolts onto existing suspension and track rod ends, on the k11 hub is on you can fit the pulsar calipers and disc, im not sure of any issues with this slim can tell you that im just fitting the k11 claipers to mine (hopfully this weekend) ;) i will detail doing this and post a guide for fittign the k11 braking system :D

you want k11 hubs. disks, calipers etc and they fit directly onto k10 wishbones and struts.

However, the issue of the driveshafts is one that i have never considered.

Not so i've been told!?

Cheers Slim, will tell the guy that but like i said he's gonna use an Almera GTi front hub setup and rose joint the whole thing...going to have a look tomorrow! :)

True rose joints are not a good idea on a road car. Bushes are used for a reason!

suppose so. can revert to the K11 hub setup at any point though, he's not modifying the rod ends so the K11 setup should work fine if i have any problems in the long run

Back