pulling power!

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi All,

I am posting here after a very long time. Please help me to solve the issue. In my micra the pickup was very low and It was very difficult to come to a high speed... it's like even you pedal hard there is no response...

Then I replaced the air filter hoping for a change. And I was very happy with the result as it was super fast. Do I need to say that I even passed hondas & toyota prados :)

But unfortunately after a few days I was getting back the same old sluggish results and now I'm really worried about it. I am aware of the TB soldering guide but have not tried it yet. But my question is that how come it gave me perfect results by just replacing the air filter? So I believe that the TB soldering guide will not help in this situation. Please help me to overcome this issue as I am really worried about the pickup + speed and it is very tiresome to drive a slow micra.

Thanks in advance!

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I thought of trying the re-soldering guide and took it to the nissan dealers today(as I'm scared to do it myself). They charged me only Rs. 675, that is about $5 :) And I must say that today is my happiest day with my micra. It now has a great pickup, great fuel consumption, and runs like the wind! Thank you Alex for posting such articles.

CMF_Fuzzo

» CMF Member
Hi March SL,

Small world, i'm from SL too. I'm looking for something to do for my pulling power as well. Can you share with me what you did? I looked for an article you referred about but couldn't find it.

Thanks

CMF_marchsrilanka

» CMF Member
Hi Fuzzo,

Nice to meet you :) It is the re-slodering job I did for my micra. As the car gets older, there can be dry joints found inside the throttle body. If you take it to the Nissan dealers, they will help you on this.
BTW, where do you race your vehicle? I guess you have the EFI model. Mine is DOHC.

Thanks.

CMF_Fuzzo

» CMF Member
thanks. will check it out and see if that helps my car

last week there was a tarmac rally at kukuleganga... a few kms from mathugama...

and in early aug, will be racing at katukurunda...

Back