General Head Gasket question

mik

» CMF Member
Hi,

i know the question is old, and everything was said. But since the old stuff isn't online now, i have to ask.

My Mini Supercharger will put up 0.8Bar.
I heard that with a Turbo you can run the Standart Gasket with max 0.5Bar. I think it will be the same too on a supercharger or am i wrong?

Next question if i'm wrong. Which Gasket can you prefer? Kapatsu 1.0mm Gasket or other ones with more/less thick.

Final question. You guys from UK can you tell me where to get a head gasket?

Thanks a lot,
regards :)
mik

mik

» CMF Member
Im so stupid, 10psi is it on White Knight.
Did you change internals? Because on the Hot Micrs site there is nothing about the Head Gasket you use.

Thanks again :)

cisco

» CMF Member
"Hot micras" as well as a lot of other pages on the site are about to go through a major refresh.

They will be able to be updated by all the site editors very soon. So no more out of date pages. A more consistent feel for all of the cars listed aswell.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Hack runs 7psi on stock standard internals including head gasket.20,00kl and no issues.
It does run a Jun lightweigh flywheel.
White was pulling 10psi but blew the motor. Head gasket did not let go but a piston did.
White now had complete engine rebuild and now runs lower compression with a composite head gasket.
The 2mm alum.one fitted did not take and the head had to lifted. Why it did not take remains a mystery as the block was decked and also the head so the surfaces would have been better than factory.
Still Blue Monster runs the same internal mods as mine but with the 2mm alum. gasket and no problems.
My preferance has alwats been for composite as they have a bit more"give" but that is not say straight metal ones are no good.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Sorry Evade I cannot help you . Ask Errol as he would not take any money due to the fact the alum.one failed.
The beast comes home tomorrow!!!
Ha, now chasing a piggy back ECU as the Haltech plus 5 th. injector fine say up to 7psi but Whitey will be around 12/14 psi and not enough control.
It runs out lean at the top end and if you adjust to compensate it is far too rich down low.
Its driveable as initially I will taking it easy re boost revs until run in but before she gets full boost have to fix the engine managemnt.
Anyone heard good things about the Hawk EC21?? Looks okay and around $1000.
Advice welcome.

cisco

» CMF Member
I think that's the one that REVERB is running.

You definately need proper engine management now, sounds like the way to go to me.

I reckon during your next phase of work (it never ends!), you should slam in 4 larger injectors and a new rail and re-map it for those.

Come on White Knight!!!

Back