Problems with Central Locking

Nissan Micra K12 Mk3 (2004)

I have had intermittent problems with the Central Locking for some time. On occasions, the car wouldn’t lock or unlock with either of my key fobs.

In the case of unlocking, I have found that if I then leave the car for a further 10 – 20 minutes and try again I manage to unlock it. Once I tried pressing lock & unlock buttons rapidly in succession until the unlock lights suddenly decide to flash. It may be a co-incidence, but the problems only seem to occur when I am in Sainsbury’s car park. If the car fails to lock I sometimes move to a different spot in the car park and then the car will lock.

Last week the car refused to unlock for 5½hours. No lights were flashing even after fitting new batteries to both of my key fobs. The car was transported to my home address on a break-down truck, where I found the car unlocked with the key fob.

Next day I went round a few garages to see if they would recommend any good auto electricians, but non of them would or could!
Eventually went to a local garage which had done some good repairs for me in the past, and talking to the owner he informed me that he had heard of problems like mine and said that it could be caused by mobile phone or wiifi interference (In my local Sainsbury's car park they have all the usual parking censors and speed detectors which, I suppose, could cause interference)
If this was the problem he told me that an auto electrician would never find the fault, but would still charge me a small fortune.

I have been around a number of different car parks since last week and had no problems with the central locking.

Has anyone ever heard of this type of problem in the past?

Hello there, ibcinnes!
It did happen to me, it's from the same year, and after replacing the battery on the remote...it keep doing the same...
I check all the system, and found that the fuse (10A) as faulty, showing some abrasive on the contacts. After replacing it, no more problems! And works just fine!
Hope that it is also your problem.
Best regards,
Pedro Madeira

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

hi i have a nissan micra 58 plate and a few times i've had my keys tested and its not he fobs, and i'ts come down to the (receiver)in the car.... the fobs are NOT connecting to the receiver all the time, my question is ...... Can or is it easy to get another receiver and get it fitted or is there complications

Back