starting/over fueling problems

C

chie

ok, my baby is very sick atm, i started fine over the winter/snow/freasing ect and in the summer but every so oftan when its mildley cold she over fuels and refuses to start :( iv changed the plugs and leads and set my air fuel controller to what a std k11 is but nothing seems to work, itll be fine for bout a week, is there something im overlooking? i searched for it using the magical search button but got solrices post about changing fuel

anything will help thanks ppl

a very irate Chie

My car almost did it again this morning, i had to give it a bit throttle for it to start. Id doesn't seem to be throttle body because it shows no other symptons of it, plus im on my second one. Are your injectors screwed in fully?

im running 1.3 injectors and as ian sed its not the tb, i went back to it after 20 mins and she fired up as usual :) very strainge but not good when im 3 hours late for work :(

a shot in the dark but could the fuel pump's pre ignition time be a bit too long?

has the car been sitting for a while like 2 days or something?

hmm might be a good point but im noe fermillier with that:(
no i parked it up on my drive as usual and got up nextmorning and bang- nothing

ok

the pre ignititon sequence of the fuel pump is that buzzing you hear for a few seconds when you turn the car to the on position in the morning. it's the pump charging the system wiht fuel before the engine starts.

next time it does it, put the key on the on possition and leave it there for a few seconds before starting the engine......

see if that helps :)

i have had this problem once before,it was a cold morning but not freezing,i jus gave it a bit of throttle n it fired up,i never thought anything of it cos its only done it the one time ,

i would like to know what caused it tho.

Back