cooling and starting problems

micras69

Deactivated Account
grrgrrgrr

since reciveing the micra there has been a list of things gone wrong and now its cooling an starting :(

sice owning the car the rad fan hasn't once came on :doh: (carnt belive i didnt notice) and the engine temp guage is working but reading only a 1/4 of the guage (not the usual half way mark)
when turning the car over it takes a wile to start unless i give it some gas? but then i can turn it off and try agen an will start no problem??

so tryed fixing it.....
first of ran 12v to the fan.....works fine.
cheked all fuses iside and in the bay.....all is fine.
replaced the temp sensor and sender... below the dizz/ behind the thrmostat.
replaced the thurmostat and housing.
replaced the clips to censors (loom side)
replace the dizzy and leads
replaced the plugs
replaced the TB
replaced the fule pump
replaced the fule filter
replaced the fule rail and injectors

and non of this has worked still takes a wile to start and fan still isnt working and im now getting to the point were im just going to cange the engine

somone please help me :wasntme:

the radfan should only kick in on a hot day stuck in traffic eh, and is switched on by the ecu (mine switches on if i short the 2 sensor wires)
and the engine should be getting 1/2 hot (else there,s a thermostat or guage or sender or pipe problem) :)

iv now got the guage working yey and it dont go past 1/2 way :) but it seems the engine temps are high frank, i can be out 30 mins and its HOT! take the oil cap off and its steeming :suspect: any ideas?

iv now got the guage working yey and it dont go past 1/2 way :) but it seems the engine temps are high frank, i can be out 30 mins and its HOT! take the oil cap off and its steeming :suspect: any ideas?

1/2 way is honky-dory mate :grinning: and mine gets hot too

just me then eh lol i just thought because my outher 2 micra's fan's kick in as soon as they hit the 1/2 way on the guage when not moveing

Just wondering you say youve checked the fuses...what about the relays? theres two for the fan...id unclip them and have a closer look, just incase youve got moisture / corrosion going on or the relays died. Though tbh mine takes awhile before the fan kicks in, and mine gets pretty damn warm too...so id suspect you'll have no probs. :)

i'll have a look kris didnt think of them, tis always the same when you have tryed so many things and you seem to over look something small and simple eh

Back