Problematic Fuel Level Sender

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
:down: Hi gents, im having trouble with my fuel level sender, i know this because i have tried 2 set of clocks and neither of them respond to fuel level. What could this be as im driving blind so to speak. :down:

hi cheef

i would take the sender out and check it over, its by the pump, under a cover, under the back seat eh

Next to the pump eh. Ill check it when my brother finishes getting aquainted with it. Ill try taking it out and cleaning it if necessary, if not a good hit should do it. Ill get back with the results soon to see if it helps anyone else.

Well, there is nothing to remove apart from the 3 pin plug. Because its enclosed i never opened it to sort it out. However i noticed when i take a corner my fuel level rises to half!!!

Ok im soon to boost my CG10, AND my fuel gauge sender is inactive. I.e. false or no fuel level reading. So now im gonna cut out my old fuel gauge and replace it with a autometer 52mm fuel gauge. While im on egay im gonna buy me a monster tacho too!

Gents i now have another problem, my car seems power down in 2nd gear when i try to accelerate, and sometimes in 3rd too, My question is cuold this be linked to my fuel gauge not working? i.e. temporary fuel starvation? PLEASE HELP.

No poor idle, however it did slightly hesitate to fire this evening. I know for a fact there is half a tank of fuel. But my gauge doesnt want to know.

A new one this morning. The cars parked on a hill facing downwards, and it refused to start. This very annoying, what can the problem be? Personally i think i need to change the under seat unit, as there is More than sufficient fuel in the tank to start no matter what. Ps. somebody please post as this seems to be a one man show!

cheef

i,m afraid you wont get much response to "it refused to start, what can the problem be ?" (its a tad undescriptive :grinning: )

I cant hear the fuel pump prime, however it starts and drives fine when on level ground. It still powers down in second though. I will try to change the rear fuel unit.

Back