Possible fuel sender issue?

Hi all, i just purchased a 1992 k10.

I noticed when i filled up the fuel tank to full the fuel guage only went to the half way point.

Could this be a fuel sender issue? If so where could i get one from?

Thanks

It could be a faulty gauge, or it could be a faulty float valve, since it goes up half way it's unlikely to be the link between the front and back of the car

The float valve is attached to the fuel sender unit, it could be a sign that it's a little gunked up in there which may be a good time to change the sock fuel filter too and give it all a good clean

Are you sure the tank is full? sometimes you have to put the fuel in slow with these old cars because the petrol pump clicks off too soon in the thin filler neck

It could be a faulty gauge, or it could be a faulty float valve, since it goes up half way it's unlikely to be the link between the front and back of the car

The float valve is attached to the fuel sender unit, it could be a sign that it's a little gunked up in there which may be a good time to change the sock fuel filter too and give it all a good clean

Are you sure the tank is full? sometimes you have to put the fuel in slow with these old cars because the petrol pump clicks off too soon in the thin filler neck

Well when i purchased the car i put 27 quid worth of fuel in the car so i hope it was full.

Do you know the best place i could get a fuel filter sock and such to replace it?

Back