New Wheels? - Spigot ring help

Hi guys, im a recent member of the forum and have not posted much yet, im just curious to what you guy's think of the e30 basket wheels on my girlfriends k10?

Has anyone fitted these before? fwn

Haven't seen any micra k10's fitted with them, although i believe there was a mention on some one's thread of them having fitted them to the k11..

Anyways, im going to order some spigot rings tonight, believe it or not i found a pair which i believe are a direct fit, rather then getting a set specially made...

Can some one please confirm that the inside bore of the E30 14" 4x100 pcd wheels is 72.6 mm and the down size to the micra hub would be 59.1 ? if this is correct can some one please confirm it with me as i am going to be ordering these parts latest tommorow evening?

Thanks in advance Dan.. :p

P.S below is a sneaky peak of the wheel fitted, minus the spigots obviously!

dscf0467z.jpg
:p

awwwwwwwwww lovely to see another white k10 :D:D welcome to the forum btw :) sorry i cant help with your questions though :down:

Hi guys, im a recent member of the forum and have not posted much yet, im just curious to what you guy's think of the e30 basket wheels on my girlfriends k10?

Has anyone fitted these before? fwn

Haven't seen any micra k10's fitted with them, although i believe there was a mention on some one's thread of them having fitted them to the k11..

Anyways, im going to order some spigot rings tonight, believe it or not i found a pair which i believe are a direct fit, rather then getting a set specially made...

Can some one please confirm that the inside bore of the E30 14" 4x100 pcd wheels is 72.6 mm and the down size to the micra hub would be 59.1 ? if this is correct can some one please confirm it with me as i am going to be ordering these parts latest tommorow evening?

Thanks in advance Dan.. :p

P.S below is a sneaky peak of the wheel fitted, minus the spigots obviously!

dscf0467z.jpg
:p

Similar type to mine I'm refurbing mine are e30 but a bit different, mine are 14" but rub the arches but mine is lowered! Also you'll need to file off a bit of the centre of the alloy as the centre bore is too small on the rim to go over the Micra hub :)

Link to my car
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=40199

If the e30 wheel bore was that small (smaller then the 59.1 micra hub) then surely the wheel wouldnt fit (like they clearly have done in my pic as they're fitted)

as the wheel bore wouldnt allow to go over the hub?...

And i need spigot rings for the gappage between the wheel bore and hub diameter, therefor, your info seems to be wrong?

unless my wheel have grown in the past 20 odd years?

and bmw e30 hub size smaller then a k10 micra?... me doubts it highly.. :p

Thanks alot Dan, glad im not the only one who can see her potential, 1.2 swap with 5 speed k11 box soon me thinks, head skim, cam re-profile, and then just do the rest my self little bits such as making sure all valves weigh the same to point zero zero, same with pistons, just small bits like this all add upto an extrea 5-10bhp, that everyone misses out when making a 'performance' engine :doh:

and then a nice set of bike carbys supplied by boggbro's £180inc Vat, and im laughing :D...

just need the crapp £10 spigot rings before shes good to be rally'ed :(

There's a lot of potential in any Micra, they're so underrated. I just love the retro look of the K10s, can't wait to see gtsnissanbs when it's finished. I want to run a K11 SR on bike carbs (or throttle bodies) when I get rid of my current K11. Try get her over 100bhp N/A, that's the way forward (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

If the e30 wheel bore was that small (smaller then the 59.1 micra hub) then surely the wheel wouldnt fit (like they clearly have done in my pic as they're fitted)

as the wheel bore wouldnt allow to go over the hub?...

And i need spigot rings for the gappage between the wheel bore and hub diameter, therefor, your info seems to be wrong?

unless my wheel have grown in the past 20 odd years?

and bmw e30 hub size smaller then a k10 micra?... me doubts it highly.. :p
You think centre bore has something to do with the size or power of a car or something??? It's just a means of centrally locating a wheel on the hub and to take the strain from thewheel nuts.
Micras do have a fairly big centre bore when compared with other cars! For example they have the same centre bore as an rx7
Firstly mate I have a set on my Micra, I removed them myself from a e30 BMW
Secondly any retard can type e30 centre bore into google and each and every website will say the same
Thirdly they do go on and bolt up but they don't touch the hub as the centre stops it!! My first pictures in my project of an alloy fitted is before I filed it and look it's on and torqued down!
So your either not looking properly or you don't have "BMW 4STUD E30 RIMS"
Only the 5 stud had a larger bore I believe
The E31, E32 and E38 all have a centre bore of 72.6mm, but none came in 4 stud
The only two BMW sold in 4x100 14" with the E30 are
02d9212f-5f60-c670.jpg

02d9212f-5f6f-ef1b.jpg

Yours look like the second set as are mine but yours look a bit different

Also Dan I am a MSC trader why would i give out crap info it would look bad on my trader account! I am a fully qualified mechanic level 4 nvq so higher than most, and trained dyno operator and have been building rotary engines for years mainly 13b and 20b not really any other just Mazda! I am very experienced in Micras

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/australia/152709-question-about-e30-wheels.html
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f83/bmw-wheel-hub-sizes-hub-centre-bore-sizes-t7759/
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f83/bmw-wheel-hub-sizes-hub-centre-bore-sizes-t7759/
This one is my favourite
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/103154-mx5-e30-centrebore.html

Back