Problem with 55 plate Auto Micra

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a 55 model Automatic Nissan Micra and whilst reversing my car a bleeping noise can be heard from the driver side dash board. In addition to this, the wheels lock and over-rev.

Does anyone have any clues, I have taken the car to the garage numerous times but the mechanics cant find a single thing wrong with it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Geraldine

that sounds like quite a problem... im sure someone who owns the same model of micra will be along soon to help out!
good luck and welcome!
shaun

can you explain the wheels locking ? also over reving sounds like you have your foot down too hard ?!because the car builds up revs to get you where your going faster if you put your foot to the floor ?i could be completely wrong . that beeping sound does it change/get faster if something/someone is behind the car?

whilst reversing my car a bleeping noise can be heard from the driver side dash board.
this does sound like your rear parking sensors activating for sure, but (i worked for hyundai) in all the new santa-fe's and tucson autos when you put them into reverse there was a beep purely to let you know it was in reverse.... its got to be one of the two of the above i reckon, do you have parking sensors?

In addition to this, the wheels lock and over-rev.
the power steering, especially on full lock and especially because most micras have teeny little engines can take quite a lot of power to do so (imagine how much physical exertion it takes to hold a non power steering car at full lock) so it also wouldnt be too strange for your revs to rise by maybe 1-200 rpm when your steering wheel is coming up to full lock

Back