price rudeness question

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
having found a nice priced second hand gutted engine micra, 1000 dollars all up negotiable, would it be rude to start offers as low as 750? we are probably talking fail MOT, no RWC bought as is. The only good thing about it is the body condition. oh yeah, it's a 96 LX.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
i have a micra 95 lx...i bought it for $600, no rwc, engine still good, but i have to replace all brakes,cv joint and shaft, clutch, and AC need to be regassed,need to replace the top eng mounts, all up cost me already $3000....so if its still got a long rego, $750 is just fair...

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
Low ball away in my opinion. I don't understand why some people get butthurt when they get low balled, a person will always offer as little as they think they can get away with and item for and all items are negotiable, even if some people claim otherwise. I wouldn't pay 1k for a busted Micra either.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
Always start low.
The seller is obviously wanting top dollar I'm guessing. Everything is negotiable, its what your prepared to pay to get it.
But if it has no engine/gearbox etc then its not worth much. For $1000 you can get one thats complete and in decent condition if you hunt around - There's been a few on ebay that have sold for around that price.

CMF_kavla

» CMF Member
i have 2 for sale need some body work one is auto 4 door needs 60 buck thing to get it going and a manual 2 door that needs a bonnet and head light and is running there both for 2k ono..

on topic i have just sold my s13 and was up for sale for 2k and have had people offer me 1k... i find it rude when u get a half price offer.... but if i got an offer for 1500 i would sell as it is only 25 percent of the asking price

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Walk up to the guy and say mate. You want to sell it for as much as you can. I want to pay as little as i can. We need to come to a happy medium. So I will start at say 300 bucks cash now i will take it away.

He will say hmmmm ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I got another guy interested in it. You say Ok make it 450 right now. If he says no leave him your number and walk away. Say call me when your ready to sell.

I reckon he would stop you before you hit the front gate failing that look elsewhere.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
I would seriously start at 400 the worth he can say is no mate its a bit low.

LOL Nick i haggle with all but you mate. Not much room when it comes to your prices LOL. Will be in contact regarding the link pins in the coming few weeks.

Back