Pre-facelift headlight chip

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
Hi,

Iv'e got a 1995 K11 Micra and the drivers side headlight has got a tiny hole in it.

I think a stone or something must have hit it because it's got an inner chip (i.e. the outer face of the headlamp is smooth but there is a pice of glass missing from inside)

Here is a picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/stevenmoody/P1010016.jpg

The hole is about the size of a pin head. It seems to have been ok for the whole time in which my grandad has owned the car befor passing it to me, i just wanted to patch it up.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could use to seal the hole or somekind of sticky transparent plastic to make a repair over it ?

Iv'e only noticed it recently because of the small amount of condensation which develops on the inside of the glass of the unit.

Any ideas ? I just though that £14.99 from halfords for a kit containing a glove, glue and patch was a bit steep.

Cheers

Steve :D

Use any form of clear silicone sealant, its wots used around sinks and baths to stop the water from getting down the sides. Squeeze a bit in, let it set, and then use something sharp to cust the top off so it sits flush with the front of the headlight. A stones probably hit it, it usually causes more damage to the inside of the headlight rather than the front.

micra_B said:
just buy a headlight from the scrappy, should only be about £5/£10

B

I would if I could find one locally (portsmouth) which has a k11 :D

I found one with a k10 but thats no good :( :D

I think that would be best, try any find one in a scrappy

I might try that sealent thing as a temporary fix

Thanks to you both

just stick sum selotape over it...

he he...

seriously tho... the glass can be changed... if you can pick it up cheap.. ive got a few lying around u can have one for free..

Ill check if ive got any drivers side..

kristian said:
just stick sum selotape over it...

he he...

seriously tho... the glass can be changed... if you can pick it up cheap.. ive got a few lying around u can have one for free..

Ill check if ive got any drivers side..

Cheers Kristian, never knew that I though that the whole unit would need replacing.

If you could have a look for me that would be great

Cheers

steve.moody said:
Cheers Kristian, never knew that I though that the whole unit would need replacing.

If you could have a look for me that would be great

Cheers

Kristian, do you have msn, if so can you add me steve.moody:ntlworld.com or let me know your addy.

Cheers

Steve

Back