Pre-facelift grill

Has anyone got any photos of the back of a pre-facelift grill? (I'm guessing it's pretty much the same as my G# grill with the 7 plastic clips..)

Or if not, anyone know if there's meant to be any clips or anything that holds it on at the edges (under the headlight/indicators) as mine is a bit loose and when I took it off I noticed there's a little hole each end for a fixing or something under the headlights/at the edge of the wing.

Can anyone help with this please?
I've fitted new clips to the grill today but when fitting it, it's still a bit loose and when I push one side on the other side pops back out/off :/
Is there meant to be anything to hold it on at each end, onto the edge of the wing/under the headlights?

There's square/rectangle holes under the lights (part of their housing iirc) and you clip into those with 2 clips fitting to the under headlights part if the grill on each side.

There's square/rectangle holes under the lights (part of their housing iirc) and you clip into those with 2 clips fitting to the under headlights part if the grill on each side.
I'll try n get photos later if you're still stuck :)

Yeah I noticed there was a small hole on each side under the lights, but there's no clips on my grill to match up with them. Unless my grill is slightly different to other pre-face ones..
Okay, that'd be a great help. Thank you! :)

Yeah I noticed there was a small hole on each side under the lights, but there's no clips on my grill to match up with them. Unless my grill is slightly different to other pre-face ones..
Okay, that'd be a great help. Thank you! :)

Thats the bit under the headlight on a preface grille, the holes there are for the clips to fit into on the grill side, fit them off car, then it pops into p[lace in the slots on the car :)

Edit: excuse the mess my rooms full of crap and i havent tidied anything yet today lol

Thats the bit under the headlight on a preface grille, the holes there are for the clips to fit into on the grill side, fit them off car, then it pops into p[lace in the slots on the car :)

Edit: excuse the mess my rooms full of crap and i havent tidied anything yet today lol

Thanks Joe! It does look slightly different to my grill as the bits with the holes in don't stick out as far on mine and I don't have anything right on the ends to fit into the holes on the wings/under the headlights. I guess i'll have to break out the cable ties :p

Thanks Joe! It does look slightly different to my grill as the bits with the holes in don't stick out as far on mine and I don't have anything right on the ends to fit into the holes on the wings/under the headlights. I guess i'll have to break out the cable ties :p
Mine has nothing at the very ends, just those two on either side of the main grille and then the normal ones around the opening and in the centre

Mine has nothing at the very ends, just those two on either side of the main grille and then the normal ones around the opening and in the centre

Ah so it does have the same as mine then haha! sorry, I thought it looked different. Maybe mine have just worn away a bit or something and that's what's stopping it from staying on tight

Ah so it does have the same as mine then haha! sorry, I thought it looked different. Maybe mine have just worn away a bit or something and that's what's stopping it from staying on tight
Possibly, have you taken out and refitted the clips to the grille before putting it on? Could check theyre all still tight, one of mine's a bit iffy so i put it somewhere under less strain (then replaced it)

Possibly, have you taken out and refitted the clips to the grille before putting it on? Could check theyre all still tight, one of mine's a bit iffy so i put it somewhere under less strain (then replaced it)

Yeah, i've replaced all the worn/loose clips with new ones but it hasn't fixed it. I think it's the square holes on the car which the clips go into that have worn away so the clips aren't staying in tight enough. I found so many things on the G# were bodged/broken by previous owners when I got it

Yeah, i've replaced all the worn/loose clips with new ones but it hasn't fixed it. I think it's the square holes on the car which the clips go into that have worn away so the clips aren't staying in tight enough. I found so many things on the G# were bodged/broken by previous owners when I got it
Hmm... irritating, you could always use cable ties as mentioned, or maybe try to work the holes or clips to meet better somehow? Time for ingenuity i think eh

Hmm... irritating, you could always use cable ties as mentioned, or maybe try to work the holes or clips to meet better somehow? Time for ingenuity i think eh

I've tried a few things already but I don't want to be too rough with it as if I break/crack it then there's no finding another one. Time for some cable tie engineering I think :)

Back