Pre-facelift headlight chip

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
Hi,

Iv'e got a 1995 K11 Micra and the drivers side headlight has got a tiny hole in it.

I think a stone or something must have hit it because it's got an inner chip (i.e. the outer face of the headlamp is smooth but there is a pice of glass missing from inside)

Here is a picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/stevenmoody/P1010016.jpg

The hole is about the size of a pin head. It seems to have been ok for the whole time in which my grandad has owned the car befor passing it to me, i just wanted to patch it up.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could use to seal the hole or somekind of sticky transparent plastic to make a repair over it ?

Iv'e only noticed it recently because of the small amount of condensation which develops on the inside of the glass of the unit.

Any ideas ? I just though that £14.99 from halfords for a kit containing a glove, glue and patch was a bit steep.

Cheers

Steve :D

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Use any form of clear silicone sealant, its wots used around sinks and baths to stop the water from getting down the sides. Squeeze a bit in, let it set, and then use something sharp to cust the top off so it sits flush with the front of the headlight. A stones probably hit it, it usually causes more damage to the inside of the headlight rather than the front.

OP
OP
S

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
micra_B said:
just buy a headlight from the scrappy, should only be about £5/£10

B

I would if I could find one locally (portsmouth) which has a k11 :D

I found one with a k10 but thats no good :( :D

I think that would be best, try any find one in a scrappy

I might try that sealent thing as a temporary fix

Thanks to you both

kristian

One Way Mule
just stick sum selotape over it...

he he...

seriously tho... the glass can be changed... if you can pick it up cheap.. ive got a few lying around u can have one for free..

Ill check if ive got any drivers side..

OP
OP
S

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
kristian said:
just stick sum selotape over it...

he he...

seriously tho... the glass can be changed... if you can pick it up cheap.. ive got a few lying around u can have one for free..

Ill check if ive got any drivers side..

Cheers Kristian, never knew that I though that the whole unit would need replacing.

If you could have a look for me that would be great

Cheers

OP
OP
S

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
steve.moody said:
Cheers Kristian, never knew that I though that the whole unit would need replacing.

If you could have a look for me that would be great

Cheers

Kristian, do you have msn, if so can you add me steve.moody:ntlworld.com or let me know your addy.

Cheers

Steve