Pr

Hi all.....Im still waiting for a 1.2 auto I got on Ebay to be picked up for me. Shouldnt be too long.

I found the following on a bike forum I go in and in the interests of PR between people with different interest I post it here. Hope you dont mind :)

THE BIKER

I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
But, you didn't see me, put an extra £10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you, pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.
But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you, change your mind about going into the restaurant.
But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you, roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by.
But, you didn't see me, riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.
But, you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you, stare at my long hair.
But, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you, roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves.
But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none.

I saw you, look in fright at my tattoos.
But, you didn't see me, cry as my children were born and have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you, change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
But, you didn't see me, going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
But, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.
But, you didn't see me, pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
But, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you, race down the road in the rain.
But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you, run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.

I saw you, cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
But, you didn't see me, leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you, go home to your family.
But, you didn't see me.

Because, I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family.
But, you didn't see me.

Re-post this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US, RESPECT OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE AND TAKE
A FEW EXTRA SECONDS TO BE SURE WE'RE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY - LIVE TO RIDE . . . . RIDE TO LIVE

All the best....Bazza.

i agree with this i have been riding bikes for 7 years and lost count how many times i nearly got taken out and i belive in a saying i heard my dad say (loud pipes save lives) and that is true as not had many people cut me off since i had a race can

I got that poem from about 20 different people on my facebook funwall the message is good but I am sick of seeing it now.

I got that poem from about 20 different people on my facebook funwall the message is good but I am sick of seeing it now.

Hehehe....Yep Ive seen it a few times now. Someone made the point that its always posted in biker forums where people are already aware of bikes and that it should be posted in nonbiker forums.. Thats why I tried it here :)

Thanks everyone for the comments. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures and questions soon about getting my 1.2 into my trike...:laugh:

Bazza

I spent a good 10years on a bike. It's a very nice post but there's no right answer when it comes to drivers or bikers. We can be both as sensible or as potentially wreckless as each other, the only down side of being a biker is the outcome.

I respect bikers......period, and this maybe biased due to living in London and being surrounded by courier riders, but I think in certain areas bikers could have a lot more respect for themselves......I can only do so much.

This isn't meant to offend anyone, but it's an ongoing problem and the bike safe campaigns should also drive this point more. If you visit a show stand they happily show pictures of needless rta's due to riders getting carried away.......bike smashed.....limbs missing etc, not to mention the impact on the people they involve.

It goes both ways, so please look out for yourselves and ride defensively......a very good friend of mine died on a bike and it could have been easily avoided.

I take it that you're a NABD member ?

Yep....and pop into their forum now and again. They help get downed bikers back on the road. Thankfully I didnt need their help as Ive got some good mates :) If anyones interested in the story of my first trike (V8 Rover) MankyMonkeyMotors have posted my story with some pics. Once Ive sorted my Micra trike I'll be doing a similar write-up.
http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Trikespageimages/bazzastrike/bazzastrikerwords.html

Bazza :grinning:

I can only do so much..and..It goes both ways

Yep totally....a two way street, where everyone is trying...

Bazza :)

True loud pipes do save lives. I made a sticker for the back of my givi box when i had a kawasaki er5, it read, BE SAFE BE HEARD :)

Back