Powersteering types --------------

Hi all, been a while since ive been posting threads etc, allthough im always on to read whats going on, ok i have a K11 M reg 1995, dont know if im getting old or my tyres are completely flat when parking up or turning... i need a powersteering set for my car, cant take the pains in my back anymore loool, i was told there were different types of powersteering thru the K11 range, is that true? and also what powersteering from what years onwards would i be ok with and is there anyone selling a complete set for my year of car..

Cheers guys, thanks in advance.

J

As far as I'm aware all K11's with power-steering have the same system, I'm not sure if it was introduced in 1998 ish with the facelift, but not all facelift cars have power-steering. Can anyone tell us if any pre-facelift cars had power-steering?

Hi all, been a while since ive been posting threads etc, allthough im always on to read whats going on, ok i have a K11 M reg 1995, dont know if im getting old or my tyres are completely flat when parking up or turning... i need a powersteering set for my car, cant take the pains in my back anymore loool, i was told there were different types of powersteering thru the K11 range, is that true? and also what powersteering from what years onwards would i be ok with and is there anyone selling a complete set for my year of car..

Cheers guys, thanks in advance.

J

If i remember, the facelift k11 has a bigger stalk and unijoint. Ive done a few conversions (non powersteerings to powersteering) and ive always gone for the same type k11 (facelift of prefacelift) There are a few steering racks on ebay but you will need the whole kit (rack, pulley, bracket, pump, pipes etc)

I find it easiest to look out for prefacelifts with powersteering in scrapyard and take the lot out yourself.

Hi guys, thanks for your replys, as i live in london scrapyards are no longer a thing regards to walk in and find a car then take what you want, it seems that if you want something they go back in the yard and get it, i.e. parts already been stripped from car and stored on shelves and the cars get scrapped for metal so if i was to ask for all this there not gonna have it, then engines will have the pulley on them and they wont strip that off as the engines are sold as whole and the pipes would probably been cut off as they won have time to take apart when taking engines out as ive seen pipes been cut and the racks are either taken off or left on chassis to be crushed lol,

So its best to get a powersteering kit from same model K11 !!!!

I have the Pump and Bracket and Pulley which was on the new engine when i changed it from 1.0l to 1.3 so really all i need would be the Rack, Pipes and Resouvoir.

Cheers guys, thanks in advance

Hi guys, thanks for your replys, as i live in london scrapyards are no longer a thing regards to walk in and find a car then take what you want, it seems that if you want something they go back in the yard and get it, i.e. parts already been stripped from car and stored on shelves and the cars get scrapped for metal so if i was to ask for all this there not gonna have it, then engines will have the pulley on them and they wont strip that off as the engines are sold as whole and the pipes would probably been cut off as they won have time to take apart when taking engines out as ive seen pipes been cut and the racks are either taken off or left on chassis to be crushed lol,

So its best to get a powersteering kit from same model K11 !!!!

I have the Pump and Bracket and Pulley which was on the new engine when i changed it from 1.0l to 1.3 so really all i need would be the Rack, Pipes and Resouvoir.

Cheers guys, thanks in advance

I think you can use the whole setup of a facelift but the rack, which you could pick up from ebay

hi, ok so the pipes would be the same? also what about the resovoir where the fluid goes in assuming that thsts the same? so the only issue ill be having is the correct power rack for my car!!!...

Cheers

J

Hi frank, so now were having two different types of power steering pumps, FFS this is getting better.......... the engine i got which is a 1.3 had the pump and pulley including the bracket bolted on to it which i took off and kept for a future use which is now, hate manual rack i always had powersteering but its getting to me parking wise!!!

the powersteering rack i saw on ebay is -----> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...|Model:Micra|Plat_Gen:K11&hash=item336e230b84

for my car 1995 M reg would it be the right one you think? The pipes for pwersteering seems to be a problem to get, if anyone has a set of pipes for sale id be interested!!! frank you???

Cheers

J

i,ve never had p/s J (and dont intend to) but expect some complications unless you source the parts from 1 car

Hi Frank, yeah i understand what you mean!!!! FFS nothing is straight forward or easy, something has to F--K up somewhere along the line!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Hi Frank, yeah i understand what you mean!!!! FFS nothing is straight forward or easy, something has to F--K up somewhere along the line!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

J

You could always look out for a micra thats breaking on ebay and ask for PS, i know its a long shot but worth a try

Cheers SuluR, maybe thats the way its gonna be if anything,......

@mckenziecz, how much you looking for the complete set to get my car into Power Steering Robot mode :) PM me please ........................

Cheers

J

loool, yeah, thats one advantage, the other is a small luxury of parking without almost dislocation the ole` shoulder loool

Neeeed Power Steering!!!

J

Back