Powerflow exhaust

My exhaust recently developed a crack and fell off whilst I was driving down a big hill....great.

However, I just dropped it offf to have a full stainless system installed for £260 fitted. I got quoted at least £400 just to fit a new cat and everything from it to the tail pipe so the first is obviously the best bet. Anyway.... has anyone got on fitted on a standard k10? If so how much more ooooomf do you get out of it?

Tom :)

lol not much oooomf unless you do the manifold as well. powerflow are expensive and are not well rated however i had one on my corolla 3 years ago and it was awesome the car rolled 4 times and went through a dry stone wall and hit a telegraph pole and the system was unscratched even the car was still drivable in my opinion tho the police wouldn't of seen it that way with the rear wheel hanging off and the roof touching the dash :laugh:

I had a full cat-back system fitted to my car and it feels alot more effortless, definitely more grunt. Sounds awesome s well :D. We can put this debate to bed on Sunday night as I'm hoping to get rolling roaded on Sunday at Santa Pod.

A new standard exhaust will make the car feel faster! The stainless one won't make a big difference and can reduce low down power especially if you go to big! No back pressure! What diameter pipe you gonna be running? You will mostly think it's faster due to the noise as the 2 or so bhp you get won't be that noticable! Combined with the right mods though a system will make an improvement

Agree with that, exhaust's 2 1/2". Powerband has moved up the rev range alot, it's hard to pull off very smoothly. On the motorway it's awesome thoughv:).z

yeah 2 1/2" would be a wee bit big mine was either 2 or 2 1/4" cant remember now as it was a while ago and that was a 1.6 and with the tweeks i did to it it certainly made a difference. jack all low down but when it hit the power jesus did it go. and it would go off the rev counter at 8k and still keep revving i managed to get it off the clock at 130mph and when i let off it took 5 secs to re-register the speed back onto the clock. so yeah at high revs with a decent mani and a few other bits n bobs you will notice the difference. just dont get a stupidly big bore pipe (Y)

My mate has a 1 1/2" stainless steel Powerflow system (straight through from manifold to backbox) with 2 1/2" outlet. Didn't really notice much difference at first (especially when pulling away - very slow at first), until he fitted a full induction kit. As soon as he fitted that and a few other bits and pieces, it made a huge difference - noticeably a bit more power right through the rev range . You can't really expect to notice any power gains (if you do indeed gain anything at all) if you just go for the new system. It's when you couple it with other engine mods that you start to see the difference, as gtsnissanb says. It will just feel faster because it's louder - all noise and no poke, as they say :laugh:

I'm running blitz nur spec 5.5" back box 4" straight through, 4" elbow! It's a bit loud! But I have no back pressure issues (200sx :D) as my turbo has all my back pressure plus I wouldn't need back pressure low down as I've no boost below 2.5-3k
6:30am on the floor shots!!

Back box arm all the way in
5e0fb11f-e951-eeb3.jpg

Just about see nur spec
5e0fb11f-e981-8253.jpg

To give an idea of scale size 12 feet :)
5e0fb11f-e99d-e2f6.jpg

I do laugh hard when I see these idiots usually corsa's with 5" exhausts thinking they are now running a million bhp! When in fact it quite the opposite :)

jack all low down but when it hit the power jesus did it go

Sounds a bit like my car :laugh:. Agree with Baz, I've heard a few horror stories about Powerflow. Mine was booked in and I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half whilst they took my factory one off bored out of my tree. The guy came through and said 'The pipe bender's broke, we'll put your exhaust back on and re-book you in'. Oh no you won't :glare:. Went to MIJ in Walsall eventually who did an awesome job for less dosh...

Sounds a bit like my car :laugh:. Agree with Baz, I've heard a few horror stories about Powerflow. Mine was booked in and I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half whilst they took my factory one off bored out of my tree. The guy came through and said 'The pipe bender's broke, we'll put your exhaust back on and re-book you in'. Oh no you won't :glare:. Went to MIJ in Walsall eventually who did an awesome job for less dosh...

yeah i herd a lot of bad stuff about them as well. like i say never had a problem with mine. but i will say the welds was horrible it was just blobs off weld and splatter all other the place. i dint even notice till the car was upside down:laugh:

Picked the Micra up today, sounds nice and grizzly and has a little more torque in my opinion. It's 2.5 all the way down with a long silencer, small back box and no tip...just an ofset pipe. I prefer small stuff haha. Ill get some pictures up soon :) Should be good once I fit an intake system and some other bits. Next up is lowness and 13" 7J wheelness :)

Tom.

Back