Clinky Exhaust.....

Micra 110

Site Supporter
:doh: The Exhaust.........that bloomin noise!.....Arrrrggh! It's driving me and the missus nuts! grr :(

....anyway.... :)

...the Exhaust was fitted new to the car early last year before we aquired it in April. When the car was bought, no noise from the Exhaust was noticed until recently when it started making this 'clinking' or 'tinny' noise on acceleration. It's got good back-pressure, no leaks at all, clamps are done up tight, rubbers are in good condition and nothing hanging out of the Tail-pipe......sooo, i'm stumped as to what it is. ...plus i've scratched a bold patch on my head.....booooo....:down:

Obviously the noise is coming from inside the thing so whats going on peeps?.... :confused:

TIA :)

:k10:

It sounds like something's either loose, or falling / fallen off. My exhaust started to make that noise when one of the front mounts snapped - inbetween the center section and where the exhaust goes under the engine. Could be that?

is say its a ratle from excess paste being used when assembling, some of it gets inside and may have broken off, causing a rattle.

or could be a blown baffle?

i managed to blow a couple out in an old car, they were still trapped inside the silencer and rattled a lot

I going to remove the Back box and if it isn't that i'll move up to the front pipe to see what's what...what? lol!

Edit: Rain stopped play...again!

I managed to get the backbox off, started the car and blew loads of crap out...carbon dust mainly but no sign of a rattle coming from the front pipe. Looks like i'm gonna have to put up with the 'ting' :laugh:

Back