power windows

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
i want a power windows kit because the window winder is in the way of where i want to put speakers, can i do this and is there a kit or has someone got a kit of a micra that they want to sell??
thanks marshall

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Japan had these things (bit ugly I thought) which appeared to bolt on over the winder spline after you've removed the handle. They then turned the winder with a internal motor.
Doubt they were ever popular and you'd be unlikely to get them now.

There were no power window kits specifically offered for Micras that I've ever seen. You might find some aftermarket kit.

Mychael

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Marshal, I think this is the kind of thing Mychael is refering to? I've seen the standard kit for $160-ish on ebay from a guy in Melbourne.

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=33000030

If you are planning on building a speaker pod over that section of the doors its likely to hide any uglyness this kit might have anyway.

I'm looking to use one of these with the JDM power window arm rests I recently got. I figured it was going to cost too much in postage to get the nissan power window motors etc over.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Not what I was thinking off. Don't have a pic to show you but I saw them in a Japanese Micra sales brochure I had bought on ebay yrs ago.

They were grey boxy looking things which attached over the door trims and onto the window winder spline where the winder handle was, you removed the handle then somehow fitted these things in it's place.

Mychael

Back