power issue through the rev range

hey guys,
i've had a slight issue since i've owned the car and now i've decided to sort it. when driving through the rev range the power seems to struggle then picks up. like i say its been like it since i bought it but i'm missing out as i've driven the wifes 1.0 runaround and thats fine and feels quite nippy compared to my 1.0. it idles sweet, never had any misfire, and i service the car every 5k. i've never changed the leads or dizzy cap as its never missed a beat. any help would be great. (Y)

cheers buddy, if i get into trouble i can go see a guy near me that owns a garage. i just think if its something you can have a crack at then get on with it. been spannering since i left school anyway so i'm quite confident with tinkering. (Y)

Hi
I had this problem, lack of power and the car wouldnt pick up when putting your foot down. It turned out to be the throttle body, i re soldered the connections, and that sorted it

ok thanks man. well the timing advance is the easiest so i'll try that first. if i get no joy i'll re solder the tb. thanks again for your input mate. (Y)

*****problem solved*****

resoldered my tb today. not the first i've done and certainly not the last :p

pulls alot better through the rev range now, so i've got a little nippy 998cc (Y)

Back