Low Rev Power

Hi guys :)

So far on my k11 iv put on a mini cam filter,

and a HUUGE! induction kit, i was going to insert a duel intake but it wouldnt fit under my bonnect unfortunatly so i stuck with a flexy metal coiled custom made to fit my engine and then a cone filter with a metal chrome headsheild around it, placed behind the battery pointing 45degrees down to catch the cold air from where the old intake used to bring it in.

now, since i have had this on the power gain is unbelievibly noticable....

but now it feels like a turbo car with huge turbo lag :'(

it drives then once you hit 4k+ revs the induction some how seems to kick in on full power and just go you can straight away feel the pull as it kicked me in my seat

but i was wondering is there anything i can do so i dont kinda get this lag so i have full power through all of the revs?

or anything to add for acceleration on the lower revs?

hopefully with out turbo'ing ;D

how about a lighter flywheel PBobby? get everything spinning up that bit quicker :)

Have you done anything regarding the exhaust system at all?

well, apart from replacing the downpipe for a more stronger one nothing...

and is it an easy job replacing the flywheel?

Induction kits usually give k11,s a big midrange flatspot, and the only actual gain is in induction roar.
I bet if you vid a 0 to 60 the stock setup is quicker :)

well i dont know about that frank, because since i have replaced my old filter system with this new one it does seem to be that bit faster everywhere in low range mid range and high range, but the most power seems to be in the high range this is why id love something for the low range so i have a lot of power kicking through then when it hits the mid-high range it just completly destroys the road :p haha

i would love an unstopable micra

well i dont know about that frank, because since i have replaced my old filter system with this new one it does seem to be that bit faster everywhere in low range mid range and high range, but the most power seems to be in the high range this is why id love something for the low range so i have a lot of power kicking through then when it hits the mid-high range it just completly destroys the road :p haha

i would love an unstopable micra
hmmm, so its got more power everywhere, in low/mid/high range, but has "huge lag" ?? :confused:

Induction kits usually give k11,s a big midrange flatspot, and the only actual gain is in induction roar.
I bet if you vid a 0 to 60 the stock setup is quicker :)

Ta-da ;)

plot.JPG

Well...

@Skinner - i kinda dont have a garage and probs dont have the tools to get inside the box to change the flywheel (only learnt other day where it was :L) soo probs need a garage with tools in for that haha

@Frank - yeah low-mid-high range all power increased but the lag im on about is that you get more gain of power in high so there is a gain not too big in low and mid but you can tell the different from low and mid to high because you watch the revs and it goes up fas than before but then FLYS up like batmans car haha but generally im looking for more power in my car to boost the lower revs or the whole car

For those interested, that's not due to an induction kit :p
So your reason for posting it is pretty obvious then dave :rolleyes:
And post up a before and after vid Pbobby, i,m intreagued, we need more hard facts on here (thread relevant ones preferably :D)

So your reason for posting it is pretty obvious then dave :rolleyes:

I thought I would take a leaf out of EBB's book and dangle the proverbial carrot :p

It was a power / torque plot taken from a Finnish Nissan manual, just with the Italian shopped out. I thought it interesting to note some less than desirable midrange 'funk' from the word go. Seems the standard intake does a reasonable job but an induction kit seems to exaggerate it to some degree.

The original page is attached for into, I just thought it was an interesting find.

Attachments

• kayrat.JPG
    kayrat.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 334
a videos hard i dont have the technology :p but the only things i can tell you is its like VTEC in a honda :) before it used to drive like normal and now it seems to accelerate faster (can see the difference on the rev counter) when it hits about 3,500-4,000 rpm :) top speed i gained about 0mph :L

Back