» CMF Member

Attachments

• 28952.jpg
    28952.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 42

CMF_Retepetsir

» CMF Member
Hello!

New here but I've been a member of the UK based MSC for a while. Recently got hold of a tuned SR so thought I'd join up here and actually post up some photos. Hope they are ok:

rocky_reborn.jpg

IMG_3102_small.jpg

CMF_Retepetsir

» CMF Member
Yep I have a few more pictures, what kind of things would you like to see?

It was dyno'd at 79bhp at the hubs on a Dynapack Dyno with power/torque measured every 1 rpm. (i.e. not on the wheels or theoretical 'at the fly'), so must be nearing 95bhp at the fly I would have thought, around 71kW?

Even the induction setup has been made to an exact length to boost bottom end performance using the second and fourth harmonic of the tubing.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
WOW HAHAHA ok.. a 4wd i can believe but a micra?? driving up REALY steep hills or what? how did you not all get raped going 110 and being upside down with no airbags or safety features?? hahaha but yeh respect probably the only micra that has rolled!!

Attachments

• 30128.jpg
    30128.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 29

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
Some Pictures of it afterwards...single vehicle...onto gravel on the left and oversteer to correct...round and round and over. As you can see it was flat. I think the angels earned their money that night. 4 in the car with luggage for trip from Bris to Perth. 2 stayed in hospital one night ...had whip lash...one had ongoing treatment for this.

Location between Barcaldine and Longreach on first day of trip. :(

Oh and when the wires were reconnected later it started again !!!

Ended up sideways with driver down.

Attachments

• 30133.jpg
    30133.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 27

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
It was excellent...especially with cruise control....which brings me back to the first car...don't teach inexperienced (to Australian conditions) drivers to use cruise control on our highways until they have lots of practice and are confident without it!

Yep, no problems...just kept going and going....but going at 140km/h really recks the fuel economy!

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
It was an auto with cruise control. Don't know where it ended up..the insurance people took it...last I saw it was in Barcaldine...but I would imagine there is not much market for micra spare parts there. :p

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
I wouldn't say hesitate as in a delay before it takes off...but it days make the acceleration slower..ie you can tell when the compressor is on or off...especially when your accelerating and it kicks in. If you are technically minded it might be a good idea to see if you can rig it so that the compressor only comes on when the revs are below a certain point. ie you don't need that extra power.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
david WROTE:

"Is that the way they are made normally?
Yes. Providing you have connected the aircon loom to the ECU so it knows when the aircon is switched on or not.
david WROTE:

"If so is it easy to change the level at which it cuts out?
No unfortunately. Now without reprogramming the ECU.

However you could wire in a switch which allowed you to turn it on and off independantly from the ECU and factory aircon switch.

Back