CD player help!!!!

T

thegrape

hi all,

got a cd/dvd player off ebay, thought it was a good idea, was a bargin
but now im regretting it cos i got it from hong kong n i dnt have a clue how 2 wire it in!!!!

at the back, its got one plug for the output socket which has 12 wires with loose ends and then at the other end, it has 10 rca cables for
~aerial
~ front l
~front r
~coaxial
~aux in r
~aux in l
~rear l
~rear r
~video out
~subwoofer out

am i wasting my time? plus i got a 9.2inch flip down screen. and i cant seem to get a wiring adapter kit, please help

get some pics up, also you will need a uk modulator for the aerial. I'll help you when I know what I'm lookin at, lol.

and what does that mean?! i would love to know all about my car and what all the things do but im only getting interested in cars so im just learning!

so the wiring to the old cassette player is no good, il have to get it out and wire this other stuff in?

what about them rca cables? rang halfords and they told me to take it other but they didnt want to know me when they saw it.

sorry to sound so dunce.

hey we all have to start somewhere, lol. the RCA cables are for external equipment, for example, video monitors, power amplifiers and mp3 players.
I will do my best to tell you about wire colour codes etc.
you should have a yellow wire, yellow is the generally accepted colour for constant live from the battery, there should also be a red, this is ignition live, a black, this is ground or negative. A blue wire with a white stripe or an orange wire is a remote for an amplifier or electric antenna. there should also be 4 pairs of wires (usually purple, green, white and grey) these are for the speakers, the wires from your old cassette will need to be cut and connected.
Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions.

yup, your right but the blue wire is solid.

then the screen has a male n female rca cable but there only seems to be a video out on the cd palyer to connect to? any ideas here.

your a star!

yea but none of the rca's on my cd player are male and the screen are females? lol i do have an extra cable which has 2 males on the same lead.

so on the screen there is a female RCA inand on the DVD player there is a female RCA out? if this is the case you simply need a male RCA to male RCA lead
pics may help lol.

black is ground, red is power, the reason there is a male and female RCA is so you can daisy chain monitors if you have more than 1. forget about the male RCA for a bit. If you know which one is the power that is good, power goes to power and the male to male RCA lead goes between the female RCA's on the screen and the DVD player. I think that is right. or am i not gettin it?
from the sun visor is a good place as it looks good.

im not sure but im confused now!

right, one cable; one end is black power, the other end is split, one bit has a fuse box with a grounding wire and a red wire (meant to go to the battery i think) the other bit has a male and female rca.

extra cable; one male at each end

the screen; power lead and then the 3 wires.

that better? maybe not lol

so are the RCA's connected to the screen?
mayb this diagram will help
dvd.jpg

erm..... no. the male and female rca are connected with the fuse box and wires, if you know what i mean. but they split? i think i just totally confused you there.

are you saying the RCAs and the power go to a round DIN plug and are not connected to the screen?
And the screen has a power in and 3 wires?

can you get me a good pic of the wires on the screen?

Back