filter.jpg

HKS: Very Poor

Attachments

• 17058.jpg
    17058.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 24

CMF_S2000

» CMF Member
Those Apexi are on TradeMe here in NZ for $160. But the cheapest they have gone for is around $50. I got my HKS for $70. Lucky I didnt pay the RRP of $210 or something stupid like that.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Toma WROTE:

"Thats pretty good! Considering you wont have to buy another air filter again. And you get extra BHP :)"</div>

More importantly it filters extremily well...

Yeh thats a gimme. I would NEVER compromise the amount a filter can filter for anything. Even if it gave me +100bhp id never put something that would let crap into the engine.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Hey, I just noticed in the Japanese pics above the car they did these tests on started with 306ps (multiply by 0.7355 to get approx 225kw I believe).

So these filters provided between 8 and 10kw or 3.5% to 4.4% power increase.

So if the average Micra is 55kw then you would expect a potential power increase of less than <2kw to 2.5kw.

As my car is a daily driver and not a highly competitive race car where every little kw counts...I won't be rushing out to buy one of these filters in the near future.

CMF_EVLGTI

» CMF Member
I have just fitted a Simota replacement panel into the standard air box and will be modifying a cold air feed up to it.
I figured by the time I mucked around with a pod it would be a lot more expencise without making a huge difference.

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
Toma WROTE:

"Thats pretty good! Considering you wont have to buy another air filter again. And you get extra BHP :)

Not entirely true, these filters, yes, are non maintenance, but they are disposable.
The average price is about $55 in Japan so they are not seen as a permanent thing.
I had the Apexi on my old car and it performed really well and not once did I have to clean my AFM, prior to this I had those O2 Rush jobs, oil based and every 10-15,000 my AFM was clogged with oil residue.

Here is a link to my <A href="http://www.mys15t.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=apexi_pi" target="_blank">Apexi Filter</A> and <A href="http://www.mys15t.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=cold_box" target="_blank">CAI Setup</A> for those intrested.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
robo WROTE:

Not entirely true, these filters, yes, are non maintenance, but they are disposable.

The average price is about $55 in Japan so they are not seen as a permanent thing.

I had the Apexi on my old car and it performed really well and not once did I have to clean my AFM, prior to this I had those O2 Rush jobs, oil based and every 10-15,000 my AFM was clogged with oil residue.
$55!?! What sort of price are they here? My extensive search on ebay found them for around $60 on ebay america, about $85AUD landed.

I too have issues with the oiled filters clogging airflow meters - and it is for this reason I won't use one. Especially on the micra where the afm is so damn sensitive and troublesome.

I'd love to know where they can be found cheaper here...

Cheers mate. Oh PS: There's a silver Super S with 100,000km in sydney, 2nd owner. Have a look on carsales (i remember you were looking).

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
Haha, I bought it tonight.
Thanks for looking out for me though :)
Very happy with the condition, the owner had it religiously serviced.
Drives much nicer then the one I looked at a fortnight ago.

The price varies, I got mine with the cast alloy adaptor to fit the AFM I had, this would of push the price up.
I believe I paid about $120.

I used these guys http://www.speedfreak.com.au/shop/catalog/ to source the majority of the parts to build my old car.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I was interested in the particular apexi power intake pod filter but i couldnt help but hearing that they werent in very good health finanically yesterday and I checked it out last night. My eavesdropping was right. They're basically stuffed finanically.

Dunno if I should be buying a filter which may not give me a source for replacement elements.... :S

Congrats on the purcahse of your super s! Fantastic little cars! I love mine. Now the first thing you have to do is get some whiteline swaybars on it. You will NOT regret it. Best value for money modification you can do to the micra - makes it so much safer to drive as well.

Attachments

• 17488.jpg
    17488.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 19

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Well I know what pod filter I'll be using for my next air intake project.<BR><BR>That apexi thing will be perfect to attach straight onto the TB.

make sure you have a good cold air feed to the filter if you are going to attach it straight onto throttle body otherwise it will just suck in a whole heap of hot air. and maybe even put some shielding around the front of it to block some heat from the engine.

CMF_robo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"I was interested in the particular apexi power intake pod filter but i couldnt help but hearing that they werent in very good health finanically yesterday and I checked it out last night. My eavesdropping was right. They're basically stuffed finanically.<BR><BR>Dunno if I should be buying a filter which may not give me a source for replacement elements.... :S

Who Apexi?? or Speedfreak?

There is no replacment elements for the POD, you replace the whole thing.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Brendon WROTE:

make sure you have a good cold air feed to the filter if you are going to attach it straight onto throttle body otherwise it will just suck in a whole heap of hot air. and maybe even put some shielding around the front of it to block some heat from the engine.

Haha yeh sure thing brendo. Search for that B-Crews ram air intake. Thats the sort of pod enclosure I plan on building. :)

robo WROTE:

Who Apexi?? or Speedfreak?

There is no replacment elements for the POD, you replace the whole thing.

Apexi. I'm not keen on building a system around a particular filter if the company is going to crap out and the filter I built it for will be no longer available. :p

Back