Okay I just spent the morning looking at oil filters and from what I've found:

-Valvoline thinks we have VG30DE motors in our micras
-Oil filter model numbers to look out for: V042, Z442, PL14477

Nissan filter around $16
Valvoline around $16
Ryco for $20
Repco brand for $12
PureONE oil filter for $16

Thats what I found in my area.. Ridiculous. Nismo Veurspeed filters for CG are $30 from www.gccorp.com.au

I ended up buying the PureONE filter. It was a shiney metalltic blue :p and the graphs and facts on the side made my decision. Double the usual filtering element size. Why not?

http://www.pureoil.com/

Cheers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'm sure there is.

Most of the tests are done in the USA though and alot of the brands they test here arent readily available to us.

I chose the Pureoil filter purely because it seemed like a quality unit and the extra pleating went with my knowledge of extra filter area = better filtering and flow.

They also advertise a silicon anti drain back valve - which in theory also should hold oil in the filter for longer than a filter with just a plain rubber, no seal or worse no anti drain back valve at all.

I guess we will soon see how this new filter works. Along with the fancy NEO Synthetic "GOLD" 10w40 oil I purchased.

Cheers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Haha. Fun fun. I drained the sump. And took off the old filter. Man, i think half the sump dumped itself IN MY HAIR.

Not happy jan. This poor DIY filter location is going to have to change. I am DEFINATELY going to invest in one of those oil filter relocation kits.

At least there doesnt seem to be any sludge in my motor. Yay!

As for this super dooper fancy pants oil. Well, I have to say, it is worth its weight in GOLD (literally i think :p).

I've never seen a fresh oil change build up enough pressure to turn the standard dummy light off so quickly.

It seems to be continuing this trend. A few starts and 10 minutes of running> left it 20 minutes. Came back and flicked the key, oil light went out virtually instantly.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh if I had attacked it from the other side it might have worked a bit better.

It was a pretty interesting squeeze to get to it from where I was sitting. Power steering stuff got in the way from the angle I took it at. Grr

Speaking of which, I found a blasted leak. Looks like it has rubbed on the pump and started to split the rubber. Dammnit.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i am selling the remainder of my oil filters for my k11. they are by comline a uk company, i have 5 filters. they would be $14 oz dollars each delivered to your home in australia from uk. via surface mail.
or $60 oz dollars for all 5 together delivered to somebody in oz. thats equivilent of $12 each delivered from uk.
cant say fairer than that.

Back