Polyurethane bushes

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Are Nolothane/poly bushes available for the K11... Besides the stuff you get with whiteline parts.
I have some control arm bushes but they require some significant modification to fit. My mechanic tells me that the rear bushes are tapered so I'll be spending some time on the lathe soon. Except I'm lazy, id rather buy stuff that fits.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
This is the one. I have the whiteline caster/camber on the car so the front inner is sorted, just need these bushes I have to fit the rear inner of the control arm.
My mechanic had to destroy the original bushes to get them out so while I sort out these poly ones I'm driving around on a duct tape bush!

A smart man once told me 'sticky tape can fix anything.'
First time around it lasted 4 days of driving before there was a noticeable knock.

I'll see how I go with machining these bushes but its a PITA working with this stuff. Tempted to turn up some solid aluminium ones. Or get some Loctite Freeze spray to cool the poly to help machining.

Thoughts on solid bushes Frank?

CMF_TurtleMan

» CMF Member

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
bear in mind that there are 2 types of factory bush/arms, i have both types (both date stamped 96 iirc)
the tapered/stepped type without an outer shell, and the nornal parallel type bush with a steel casing that you have to drive out of the arm

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
The ones I have looked exactly like the red 'soft' ones. I have had to change every part of them to fit. Length, thickness, diameter... fingers crossed they fit this time.
My 95 has the tapered/stepped type. So I probably started with bushes for the other type.

CMF_TurtleMan

» CMF Member
Cheers guys, mines a 95 non tapered type i'll order them tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Also what do you think of the whiteline caster kit. Does it give you better steering feel?

Back