Please Help my Micra needs to stand up against the GTI's need to no how

Hello, i love my little micra but i'm bord of it, its fun round the twisty coners but as soon as you get anywere near a hill or a straight line my m8's just leev me behind, i wud love to shock them all a fly past them, they all take the mick out of my micrawave as they call it, this has mad me more determind to make it quick, firstly i am wanting to no wat is the best engine i could fit in it without mutch hasel, welding brackets and little modifications i can do if need be, pease if you hav any ideas respond to this message thnk you.:k11green:, and is it posible to fit 2 motobike engins in like they do in the mini's, i might just get the 1.3 and tune it up what evers the best idea cheers.

Cheapest and easiest option would be fit a 1.3, 4 branch manifold and decent exhaust system and a decent air intake, that would see you at around 95bhp, getting on for twice what you have now.

the cheapest most effective way will be turbo however N/A is really smart and you get a bit more satifaction, thats how i always feel when i run with civic type r's.

strip it out and bi bi vts's i found out with the 1.3 and janspeed lol wak a lightnd flywheel on and ur laffin

VTS has more torque and 120bhp+ though don't they?

yes they do and they have 16valves, im gessing ther heavy, and im not shure about the torque but 3 people i know have vts's and i pulled away faster every time just till we hit 70-80 i even gave ma mate a good run for his money in his bora

i didnt say i "had" a vts they pritty much "had" me wat i was ment to be getting at was i accselerated faster and pulled away till about 60 then they "had" me jesus sorry if i offended anyone

well cheers for the advise ppl am havin a think and still makin decisions, as u will all no thers alot to think about wen tuning, if you change sompthing youv got to change sompthing else so it'l run right and yer am not getting big alloys on it thy just nack up the acselaration, am gettin same size wheels meby 1-2 inches bigger but light weight alloys so thy improve it not just to look good and thanks again it's been very helpful.

how is that balls mate? is it because you havnt done it that automaticly means no 1 elce has

Ask around, plenty of people here with 0-60, 1/4 mile times to back that up, myself included :)

Misinformation on this forum only leads people to do things they shoudn't, which can lead to dissapointment. When someone is genuinely looking for sound advice and help, fact is their friend.

Appologies for any offence caused, but people should get quality information that is realistic.

people to trust without question on this forum.

1) ED
2) Lowrider
3) Kev
4) Retepetsir
5) Frank
6) Kristian
7) ME
8) Davey c
9) Stani
10) Solarice
11) Dave bull
12) Matt Humphris (mph)
13) Paul smith
14) K6pfs
15) james
16) im sure ive forgotten somebody...

anyone else please check the information as all of us have been there, done that and baught the T-shirt

people to trust without question on this forum.

1) ED
2) Lowrider
3) Kev
4) Retepetsir
5) Frank
6) Kristian
7) ME
8) Davey c
9) Stani
10) Solarice
11) Dave bull
12) Matt Humphris (mph)
13) Paul smith
14) K6pfs
15) james
16) im sure ive forgotten somebody...
17) squarepants

cough ^ :laugh:

What cars would you like it to keep up with?

examples really?

are we talking nova gte's / vtr's/

Or we talking 205 gti's/ VTS

Just so we know how quick you want it.

205 gti's and vts's arent even close.

a 205/309 GTI 1.9 8v will just about eat a vtr alive, but a vts is another box of frogs.

i would have said 205gti/vtr or nova gte/vts..... but i digress.

the only way your gonna be able to keep up with any of those cars is to have more power up top from around 60mph + my car with little mods and no weight can keep up with 90% of hot hatches to 60mph, then as soon as you change into third it all slows down a bit. if i had 30 or 40 more bhp (so around 100-120bhp) i would be up with the big boys if not beyond.
so your looking at either short term nitrous oxide (not realy an option on a cg engine unless you want to create a custom inlet manifold) or turbocharging.

the final option is to talk to matt humphris as he has a 118bhp n/a Nismo engine in stock ready to go. slap some throttle bodies on it and a decent stand alone ecu and were talking 130bhp of sillyness..at around 9000rpm

Back