Please help my K10 Super S!

ashnelson

Ex. Club Member
DSCF2345.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm having real problems with my K10 Super S which is my pride and joy - any help appreciated please......!
DSCF2341.jpg

Basically, it overheats within about 20 minutes, even when driving at a speed enough to let fresh air blow through, so much so that last week the temp. guage went right to the top and split the top hose from the radiator to the block and the two heater matrix hoses, spilling all the coolant out. I had the hoses replaced last week (cost £200!) now it's overheating again and coolant coming out from underneath. The radiator fan only seems to come on every now and again, why doesn't it come on when the temperature is at the top? I've taken the car to three garages recently and none of them know what's wrong!!!! This is really frustrating and basically is probably going to end up blowing up the engine - why can't any of the garages work out what's wrong with it?

Take the thermostat out completely!
There's nothing wrong with having it out all the time, as long as you let the engine warm up naturally when you first start it!

If this cures the problem, you have a faulty stat and should get it replaced. :)

To wire up the fan all you need to do is run 2 bits of wire, one from one either side of the wiring to fan switch and add in your own switch.

take the thermostat out and put it in a jug of boiling hot water, if it does'nt open it fawqed, oh and check the belt has'nt snapped for the water pump. also there may be a blockage in the radiator or water jacket's around the engine , take the stat out and flush the engine , radiator and heater matrix out with a hose pipe. check the outside of rad for damage / blockage's.

send two wire's direct to the fans from the battery to see if they work, if they do work then its possible the temp sensor need's replacing, its basically a switch that kicks the fan in when it get's too hot

Back