please help me ..... my speedo doesn't work

look here's the thing. the speedometer cable in my car is good but the speedometer needle isn't moving. should i change the cable or could this one be fixed somehow.cause the cable seems good. please post me your opinion. thank you

when the clocks are off does the cable move when you push the ar backwards and forwards off the road, the speedo cable does need a good hard push into the back of the clocks to clip it in, also check the end by the gearbos, one 10mm bolt i think then pulls out.

cheers

Steve

when the clocks are off does the cable move when you push the ar backwards and forwards off the road, the speedo cable does need a good hard push into the back of the clocks to clip it in, also check the end by the gearbos, one 10mm bolt i think then pulls out.

cheers

Steve

the "AR"?

OK teh most likely cause is that the cable assembly at the speedo-end is not engaging properly with the speedo clock assembly in the dash....(either it's slipped in normal operatrion <highly unlikely> or it's not properly re-engaged during a dis-assembly, and re-assembly operation).

things to check:

disconnect the cable at b oth ends and turnh the inner cable at one end an be sure the inner cable is turning properly at the other end......(cable OK?)

the gearbox is incredibly unlikely to be at fault since the main differential (the one that moves the car) has teh speedo gear bonded directly onto it

the speedo dial is less likely to be at fault too since the coupling is fundamental physics,,,,if teh input is turnong...magnetic fields will couple to the speedo needle.....unless the needle has broken off

any joy?

Rich

I Had This Problem And I Just Took Off The Speedo Cable And Reattached It Work Fine :)
But My Rev Counter Don't Move Either Mainly Because It Sticks To The Rest Cos Of The Paint LOL *Bang*
Good Luck! :grinning:

Back