plates..

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
i am wanting to get new number plates with the england badge in the corner..

i have tryed gtgrafix.com just wonderin if anyone else can recommend somewhere else..cheers :grinning:

ok, i stand corrected, from the dvla website:-

The Government announced on 28 December 2001 the intention to permit the display of national flags and symbols on vehicle number plates.When the regulations are amended they will provide for the voluntary display of the Union flag, Scottish Saltire, Cross of St George and Red Dragon. Football team crests etc are not allowed.

very good site that. cheap as well. im considering getting the old style black plates for my car. wot do u guys think? (its a black car)

Attachments

• back-splitter.jpg
    back-splitter.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 166
old style plates are illegal on cars made after 1973 or something. i know coz i looked into it for my mates mini.

hehe the law is full of crap :)

i wanted a white plate on the back of my car but NOOOO......

they sell them because they know people will still buy them. some know they're illegal but don't care, but some don't realise they are, which i can understand as ones like that don't look particularly illegal i.e. they're legible!

but they'll say they're for "show use only".

Jim said:
they sell them because they know people will still buy them. some know they're illegal but don't care, but some don't realise they are, which i can understand as ones like that don't look particularly illegal i.e. they're legible!

but they'll say they're for "show use only".

ahh thank you

i was thinking of getting some plates made up for show use, something like a red motorbike plate saying "NeX" but it's not worth the hassel having to change the plates over all the time.....

which website did u use for that plate mate. it looks good

is it legal to have the square motorbike plates as long as the font and spacing is correct

https://www.aplates.com/plateBuilder.html

i am pretty sure that should be legal, you will just need to scroll through the dvla's website on plates and what not..

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm

my dad might be able to sort me out plates for about a tenner, but he aint sure if they do it with the GB flag..or wether they just do it with the EU flags..i will see 2day!

you have square plates on cars, like landrover plates. motorbike plates are slightly smaller

Back