Legality on number plates..

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Hey,

I was just wondering what the deal is with the legality on the size of number plates. The registration recess is getting smoothed off on my car and I don't really wana be putting another one over the top of it. Is it just a case of getting a standard one or a square one and maybe putting it in the mesh or is there any other options that I have?? Ideally I would like one of the very small ones but I know that these are illegal. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers. :)

i think anything apart from the standard recatngle plate and a proper car square plate are deemed as illegal

Isn't the jap plate a different size to the UK sqaure one, could I put a jap one on my car?

This site lets you build plates and states whats legal and not

im not 100% positive but i think your car has to be jap registered to have the jap plates?

Is this kinda things legal then??

Attachments

• pvs_06_031.jpg
    pvs_06_031.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 170
anything other then a fixed font, size, spacing and plate size also arrangment that is defined by the DVLA is illeal. it makes sense though, i think there should be harsher punishment for people not complying tbh. You can either have regular plates or square car plans Dan. Anything else and its not legal.

just to add, i think maybe you can have a bigger/smaller plate as long as the characters have the correct font, size, placement etc.

yeah you can, smaller plate but lettering stil as to be the same, 32 carbon effect and carbon effect are also legal :p

Back